Beatty Lodge

Perth, Australia

Really friendly and helpful staff!

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Very friendly staff, ended up in a room all to myself even though I paid for a dorm - 5$ transfer right from hostel to airport at 5am with very friendly driver. Would have been nice if the hot tub was heated up though!

Saltwater Lodge

Paihia, New Zealand

The best hostel I stayed at in New Zealand. Really friendly staff, free wifi was awesome (50mb per day was more than enough). Biked down to the falls. Four person dorm but only one other guy in the room with me while I was there (2 nights - wish I could have stayed longer!)

YHA Whangarei

Whangarei, New Zealand

When I first arrived at the place, I was not overly impressed - had to climb a really long hill to get up there (make sure you take the short cut trail). Stayed 2 nights and the place kinda grew on me - cosy little tv area lounge. I went to Abbey caves but had to borrow a torch from someone else because hostel reception was not open when I was going - short hours (ps the caves were awesome, bring a friend because kinda freaky down there all on your own - also you will get wet up to the waist).

Showbiz Inn at West Street

Yangshuo, China

Good, clean place to stay with great location. Staff was average, helpful enough - only complaint was the (mountain) bikes we rented from the hostel were pretty bad. Nice heaters in the room.