Keystone House Kings Cross

Room was surprisingly bright and spacious, with okay bed. Shame about the noise from the busy district outside, but the location is right next to Kings Cross so you can easily get around. Place was fine, but I was appalled by the fact the SHOWERS are actually in the same cubicle as the toilets. Pretty disgusting!!! I certainly wouldn't shower there... Tiny lounge and no social-ness to the place. Don't expect to make friends or socialise here. Literally is just a bed for the night.

• 18th Apr 2014

Smart Russell Square

Was actually a decent hostel.... loads of rooms, kitchen, nice big lounge, lots of benches to chill out... good staff, loads of cleaners, wash room..... can't moan at anything really, apart from the fact there was like 1 PLUG SOCKET in a room of 8 people and it didn't even work, so it was impossible to charge my phone. I must say, curtains on the bunk beds were a nice touch.... though beds were TINY, be warned!

We are continuously seeking ways of improving our hostel's quality so thank you for your comment. We are in the middle of refurbishment for every room to be en suite and with a plug next to every bed. We hope to see you again.

Astor Museum Inn

Good choice! Real good vibe and full of likeminded travellers. Your typical back packers hostel...

• 23rd Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for your message. We love to see all the backpackers having fun here @ the Astor Museum. We are glad you stayed here and contributed for this great atmosphere we have going on. Safe travels, The Astor Museum Team.

Great Hostel, well worth paying a little more. Rooms were better than other local hostels, great common room, helpful staff and easy to get a beer downstairs. Only negatives were cold showers and lots of Australians ;))))

• 24th Oct 2012

Ahhhh, not the best hostel, but feel I cannot complain much due to the fact it is dirt cheap. Seriously.... Too many beds, too many people staying in a small room. The triple bunk beds are disragceful - I was in the middle and had people spluttering and coughing all night above me. Never got a wink of sleep, lockers so small COULDNT PUT ANYTHING in it. Room was hell - wanted to sleep on street instead. REAL LACK of plug sockets and the ones in bathroom were CEMENTED up Over night WTF? Never agen

• 22nd Oct 2012