Wake Up Naturally, Xiamen, China
7.4
1st Oct 2014

I was surprised to discover the location of this place is in a confusing warren of alleys near the beach area. Not sure if it was because of my internet connection, but I didn't get directions of any sort. People either didn't know it, or just kept sending me up another little alley until someone called the number for me. Then immediately, someone came and found me and took me to the hostel. I never would have found it otherwise! There was no signage in English. Great view from the rooftop!

Yiu Fai Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
28th Jun 2014

I've stayed here several times and like it because it's quiet and the rooms are more spacious than many other places, although there wasn't a window in the room.

Hanoi Old Town Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
30th May 2014

All the staff were really friendly and helpful. I was impressed that they sent me an email almost as soon as I had reserved and helped me with visa, airport pickup, and info about tours. People I had been writing with recognized my name right away and greeted me warmly. While being friendly, they were not pushy, and I really appreciated that too.

Tiho Hostel, Quanzhou, China
4th Apr 2014

The staff were really delightful. They made me very comfortable. The description/reservations say that the rooms have ensuite bath, but in fact none of them do. There were touches of antiques in my room that made it quite pleasant. It was a little hard to find originally, but I think directions in Chinese have now been added to the description. There was a lot of smoking in the common area which might bother some people, although I don't care, and my room smelled fresh.

Hong Kong Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
18th Jan 2014

The staff were outstanding! Very friendly and helpful with everything. I stayed in a private room which was quite large, especially for HK, but could have been cleaner. Looked like the regular shared facilities were much better, however.

Homy Inn, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
9th Nov 2013

My room had several really nice amenities: a good bedside reading lamp, speedy internet, a well-designed, very clean bathroom, hair dryer, in-room safe, fold-away table. The room was quite small, but the narrow bed left room to move around, unlike some places of this size where the whole room is taken up by the bed. It wouldn't be ideal for a larger person, but was fine for me. There was no window of any sort - good for this potentially noisy area, but a bit claustrophobic.

Yiu Fai Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
30th Sep 2013

I've stayed in several different places in Hong Kong. For a little extra money, this was really a step up. It's not fancy, but good, clean and professional. I would definitely stay here again.

Just Inn, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
3rd Jul 2013

Just Inn was the best place that I've stayed in Hong Kong. It's just as small as other places, but several steps up in quality and cleanliness. There is art work that gives it some real atmosphere, the bathroom was sparkling, and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. I will definitely return and recommend it to friends looking for a reasonable place in HK.

Cosmic Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
16th Jan 2013

I've stayed at the Cosmic quite a few times and they always welcome me and treat me well. For me, this is the best budget option in Hong Kong for a single person.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4th Oct 2012

The room was one of the cleanest and most comfortable I've stayed in in Hong Kong. The neighborhood was quiet, as was the building, and it felt very safe. I usually stay in Tsim Sha Tsui, so this quieter area was nice. However, since I do a lot of things in Central, and I come and go via Lo Wu, it was a little longer journey.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
8th Feb 2012

I arrived late and had been given instructions for coming in late, but the staff stayed and waited for my arrival anyway. That was great! The showers are spacious and well-designed and there was always space available in the bathroom. The room seemed a little bit small, but it was adequate and the beds comfortable. The rooftop garden was a good place to do some exercises early in the morning. I booked another two nights at the end of my trip and they let me leave some things for my return.