Reviews: sethjcarreiro

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Little Big House

Thessaloniki, Greece

Little Big House in Thessaloniki, Greece, is without a single doubt one of the most unique, charming and beautiful "hostels" I've ever stayed at. Located in the safe and quintessential "Old Town," Little Big House wins in every category. It's also very easy to find and within 15 minutes of the sea/center. Vicky, the hostel's owner, was more than welcoming once I arrived and made me feel at home within minutes! If you want an authentic and comfortable experience, than Little Big House is for you!

Anny Studios - Perissa Beach

Santorini, Greece

Anny Studios in Santorini, Greece, was no less than what I expected it to be for €20 a night, therefore I can't really complain much. I did, however, feel that I and my stuff were very safe; lockers are big and there is always someone at reception, which makes an early checkout a breeze. Staff are helpful, though not super friendly. WiFi didn't work in the rooms, but worked well in the common areas. Cleanliness was an issue and the towels and linens, though included in the price, were very old.

Young Inn Naoussa Paros

Paros, Greece

The Young Inn in Naousa, Paros, was truly a diamond in the rough! The "hostel," which is more like a B&B, is located closeby the city center, but just far enough to maintain its calm and relaxed atmosphere. It's very easy to find and signs are everywhere - no need to worry about that! Staff couldn't be any friendlier and are willing to help you with any question you may have. The YI is spotless, and though there are no lockers in the rooms, I felt that I and my stuff was very safe. Recommended!!

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Las Musas Hostel in Madrid, Spain, is a great choice for any traveler(s). Las Musas is located in Tirso de Molina, between the La Latina, Lavapiés, and Sol neighborhoods, which is good news for anyone since these are central and very, very typical to Madrid (especially La Latina). Nightlife is closeby and the area is very safe, even though you may be thrown off at first by the alternative scene in the square. The hostel is quite large, but is generally clean, and staff are friendly and helpful.

Pension Amalur

San Sebastian, Spain

Pension Amalur in San Sebastián is a gem and I would recommend it to any traveler or group of travelers looking for a clean, secure, inexpensive alternative to a hotel. The "hostel," which feels more like a home, is located just minutes from the water and is in a very safe, central part of the city. Beds are very comfortable and everything was so spotless and new. The house, however, still retains its character making staying here an experience in itself. Miguel, the owner, is just wonderful! :)

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Ganbara Hostel is situated in the best area of Bilbao. Because of Ganbara's ideal location in the heart of the old district, I was able to walk to and from everywhere I wanted to go and everything I wanted to see. The hostel is also located nearby the metro which makes for an easy trip to and from the bus station, train station, et cetera. Staff at the hostel are very knowledgable and willing to answer any questions you may have. Beds are okay, nothing special, but the breakfast is really great!

Hostel Prime Guimares Lda

Guimaraes, Portugal

I couldn't have possibly enjoyed my stay at Hostel Prime Guimarães any more than I did! The hostel is a family-owned business with the atmosphere to match: I felt at home the minute I walked through the door! Fausto & Célia couldn't have been any more hospitable, they truly know how to make you feel welcomed! The location is perfect - safe, within perfect walking distance to everything, quiet but within 5 mins to nightlife. The hostel is SPOTLESS, probably the cleanest hostel I've ever visited!!

Fundalucia

Granada, Spain

Fun-da-lucia is more like a bed and breakfast rather than a hostel. It is nestled in the most quaint, welcoming village, not far from Granada yet quiet enough that it is perfect for spending the days in the city and the nights relaxing. Everything is very clean and organized. There is so much character to it that it was difficult for me to leave. Fun-da-lucia is a unique place and I CANNOT WAIT to return. I recommend this place wholeheartedly for anyone, young, old, solo travelers, or groups!

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

I had missed my bus and could only stay at this hostel for one night, BUT I definitely enjoyed my stay. The hostel is new and super safe (small lockers but perfect for passports, money, laptop), and the staff are very friendly. Daily organized tours and different events too, though I wasn't able to take advantage of these. The hostel is located on a busy avenue about a 5-minute walk from everything you'd want to see in Seville. Only complaint: there is ONE toilet and shower for the 10p suite!

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Definitely one of the best hostels I've visited! The hostel is located in an old, charming building, but is completely modern on the inside. Everything was spotless and the beds were comfortable. Staff are extremely helpful and willing to hang out with you, give advice, and organize events. Location is perfect, right in the center of shopping and nightlife. I would have preferred newer, more secure lockers, but I felt safe the entire time knowing there's a 24/7 reception desk. All in all, GREAT!

Pousada de Ponta Delgada

Ponta Delgada, Portugal

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Hostel is located in an old but renovated building and provides all the things you'll need for a comfortable stay. Staff are very helpful and everyone speaks perfect English. Doing laundry is free so long as you wash by hand; using the hostel's washer was a bit expensive in my opinion. Breakfast is simple, but fresh, and the hostel was spotless. Water pressure was perfect. Location is about a 10-minute walk from the city center, but only 5 minutes from the mall.