Reviews: lifeintechnicolorii

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Safestay houses A LOT of big groups, which I feel is important to note because it means it can be very busy and loud in the lounge and hallways. Frankly, it felt like I was in a college dorm. Breakfast is included and facilities were nice, new, and clean. There was an issue with our reservation being broken into two bookings and the hostel failed to tell us we'd need to move rooms. We only found out when we came back and our stuff wasn't there. They should have told us ithat would happen.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostelboat Anna Maria II

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We loved staying on a hostelboat since it was different and very appropriate for Amsterdam. Breakfast is included (a big plus!) and the people we met during our stay were great. This hostel isn't ideal for those who need a lot of space as rooms are tiny. The one rather strange thing we wish was different were the mirrors. There really aren't any! We had one tiny 4X4inch in our room and it was placed too high for us to even see. Bigger mirrors in the rooms, please!

• 4th Jul 2013

Boissiere

Paris, France

The room was a fair size and very clean. Bathrooms are a bit small, but that's often the case in Europe. We'd heard how the breakfast wasn't worth the price so we skipped it and spent our money elsewhere. The one improvement needed is luggage storage. Leaving luggage in front of the check-in desk is okay, but not ideal. Front desk staff aren't going to remember whose bag is whose and that leaves the possibility of stolen stuff.

• 29th Jun 2013

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel has the most engaged and enthusiastic staff we've ever met! The free nightly dinners are a huge bonus and everything was clean and well-maintained. There's lots of places to chill and meet new people as well as a great terrace and kitchen area. We will definitely stay here next time we're in Barcelona.

• 26th Jun 2013

Guesthouse Chapitre

Marseille, France

The guesthouse is within walking distance of almost everything and offers great views of Marseille. There's only a few rooms nicely-sized rooms so the proprietors can easily help you with any question you may have. The one suggestion we have is to add a sign for the guesthouse that is viewable from a distance. The souvenir store is underneath, but we weren't completely sure if it was the right place until we went in and asked.

Westend Hotel

Munich, Germany

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. It's not right in the center of the city, but you are relatively close to the main train station. I loved how they displayed the room numbers on the doors - very creative!

Hotel de la Felicite

Paris, France

Loved staying at this hotel! The price was great for what we got: a cozy, clean, private room with a private bath for an extremely reasonable price in Paris. The only thing this hotel really has working against it is the location. It's far from the center of the city so taking the metro to get places is required.

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

My friend and I were extremely pleased with the cleanliness and style of both our room and bathroom at this hostel. We even had a private balcony, all for a very reasonable price for Venice in March. The two problems we had were: 1. The main office where you check-in/check-out is not located where a lot of the rooms were. You'll end up walking another 10 minutes to actually get to your room. 2. There's no WiFi. That being said, we still definitely enjoyed our stay.

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

The hostel itself was fantastic! Lots of character, loved the location, and the kitchen in the basement had delicious food. I only wished they didn't charge the extra $4 for non-members or else I would have stayed in a room with less than 10 beds. It was a bit cramped in there.