We thought this was a great hostel - fantastic staff, fun but clearly knowledgeable and in control of the place. Comfortable stay and good security.

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Loved it - helpful, energetic staff; great outdoor courtyard; good location and good price (for Stockholm). Would definitely return in future.

Oslo Hostel Central

Oslo, Norway

Could do with a bit more life - very much a building full of beds with wifi access and breakfast, rather than anything more friendly or communal. But reasonable price for the city, helpful staff, clean and comfortable.

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Great place - very characterful and lively in a good way, i.e. escapable if you're tired but thoroughly available if you're feeling more sociable.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Taban Hostel Zagreb Centre

Zagreb, Croatia

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Montmartre Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff - and I met 3 or 4 different staff members during my stay. Really went out of their way to be welcoming, making coffee etc. I toured Eastern Europe for 3 weeks (staying in private rooms though, can't comment on dorms) and felt this was the best value hostel of my trip.

MushROOMs Parlament

Budapest, Hungary

A1 Hostel Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

Bit tricky getting in - if I hadn't had my mobile and been able to call, getting through two security doors could have been a challenge! Otherwise everything great and good advice provided by staff etc.

I genuinely think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in - hotel-like quality (good for us as a visiting couple), but with the youthful and travellery vibe, and prices, of a hostel. The staff were helpful and the facilities seemed really to have been thought through by people who know what makes for a good place to stay. If I were to pick a quibble, it would be that large school groups evidently use it for Viennese visits, and they can be loud/drunk in corridors at night...!

Amber Hostel