Location USA, Gender Female, Age 33

Hlemmur Square, Reykjavik, Iceland
7.4
27th Mar 2016

I've stayed here before and had an amazing time, but this visit was disappointing. I booked a 12-bed room in order to meet people, but due to overbooking I was in a 4-bed room with no social life. In addition, the doors on the hallway slammed so violently that they shook the walls (and therefore my bed). My last night, I changed rooms into the 12-bed room and immediately met nice people. Frustrating. A couple large school groups didn't help with the noise. Location & facilities still good.

8th Jul 2015

I was attending a conference and this was the only affordable place in the Waikiki area. Staff were good about staying late for me when my flight was delayed. Was pretty hot for trying to sleep, had to make the most of fans. Friendly people and and unbeatable location.

Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
29th Jun 2015

It would be impossible to have a better location, with the major sights literally within view of the front door. In addition, the staff are effusively friendly, making a point to learn your name and say check in with you every time you come and go. The delicious and refreshing breakfast was a treat. My four-bed room was very spacious and had an air conditioner. I could hear some noise from the bar upstairs, but not enough to be distracting. If I go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay here!

Hlemmur Square, Reykjavik, Iceland
6th Nov 2014

I had planned to stay in two different hostels during my week in Iceland, but I had so much fun here that I cancelled my other booking and stayed. The 16-bed room still managed to feel spacious, with sturdy and comfortable beds. Great atmosphere: though traveling solo, I had great fun with others in my room. Location is at the far end of the main street, but it's an easy walk. Kitchens get very full during mealtimes since Iceland is expensive.

The Baxter, Edinburgh, Scotland
9th Oct 2014

Fantastically convenient for the rail station and really more of a hotel than a hostel, except for sharing with other people. Friendly staff who cook you eggs in the morning. The beds are the sturdiest I've ever encountered, each with a shelf for your alarm clock etc. We stayed on two separate nights. One room (6 bed all female) was furthest from the common room and quiet. The other was was a bit noisy (even with earplugs) because people were socializing in the common space.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
St Christopher's Greenwich, London, England
7.7
15th Jul 2014

Stayed here after seeing a show at the O2. Staff provided helpful advice on how to get to the arena, and the location is pleasant and convenient for transportation. My only complaint is that it was a hot day and the room was sweltering, even with a fan.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review.We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. The St Christophers Greenwich Team

• USA, Female, 25-30
8.7
3rd Dec 2010

Basically, a fantastic hostel in a blah, distant part of town. The beds are very sturdy and comfortable, with curtains for privacy. The downstairs has a fun, lively atmosphere with free wi fi, and there is a station of Paris's "free" (for 1/2 hour at a time) bicycles just outside. My only quibble about the rooms is that the springs on the under-bed storage bins squeak loudly, which makes it hard not to wake up your roommates if you get back late.

YHA Oxford, Oxford, England
8.7
21st May 2009

Immaculately clean and well laid-out, with good breakfast. The location is not especially close to the center, but in Oxford, no hostel is. Buy something from the cafe for cheaper wireless.

YHA London St Pancras, London, England
9.3
18th May 2009

Fantastic location across from King's Cross/St Pancras Tube and train stations, good food and quiet rooms. Definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Lots of small fees, though, so bring your own lock and towel, and use free wi-fi instead of using the expensive computers for internet. My only quibble: about half the guests were older (50s+) or families, which could be somewhat awkward in the room.

9.3
29th Jun 2004

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful; recommended walking tours and airport shuttles, provided maps. Every possible amenity - an unbelievable deal!

Locanda Latina, Florence, Italy
2.0
24th Jun 2004

when we arrived, no one answered the door. We got in by chance and with no explanation they said we had to go to an affiliate hostel, which meant running through the streets with all our baggage following our guide. The second location was not what we were looking for in a hostel.