Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Nice hostel. Comfy bunk beds that don't hurt my feet when climbing ladder - score! My room was a little small for 4 peeps plus luggage but there was a large redundant space in the bathroom so I stored my suitcases there instead.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Globetrotter

Hiya! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our "Ouchless" ladders! Sometimes people do not take advantage of them, so I wanted to take this opportunity to point out that we have some pretty big lockers under each bunk which can hold fairly enormous suitcases. Safe Travels! Mike Foyder General Manager

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

I've stayed here a few times and is probably the best hostel in Toronto. Great location and good facilities and love the pancake breakfast (the bagel one is blah thou). They could use some lamps in the rooms though to make the experience more pleasant.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

This was probably below standard for a HI venue. Everything was ok, nothing special. The beds were a little saggy but otherwise ok. No breakfast included which is unusual for a HI and the atmosphere was non existent which is strange for such a big hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015

HI - Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

This place was great. The room was massive (4 bed female dorm) and had it to myself most of the time I assume cause its winter and the low season. Lots of facilities and good location. Would most definitely stay again and recommend.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Barefoot Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

This place was great. Though it maybe becAuse I was one of only two people staying in the whole hostel so it was like being in your own apartment. The facilities are great with comfy beds and bedding, super comfy lounges and a great bathroom. At first i thought it was a bit weird as there was no reception but it was fine and they would check in on you. Would definitely sat again and recommend but it could be completely different vibe with more people there.

• 30th Jan 2015

SoBe Hostel & Bar

Miami, USA

The staff were pleasant but useless at suggestions. They couldn't suggest somewhere good for dinner, as for activities i was suggested the hop on hoop off bus and the aquarium, cause you know, thats why people come to Miami. The bunk beds were super high and wobbly as hell and i could here the music all night. It would have been nice to have a quiet space for people to go. I do like how they had someone to take you out every night and dinner was also free. Don't think Id stay again.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Globetrotter

If you're after clean this is not the place for you. Go somewhere else and pay more money. The mattresses, pillows and bedding all need to be replaced. If the cleaned the underbedding more frequently (or at all) that would be a bonus. Also a wipe down of the walls would be nice too. That being said the locals are nice and the manager is helpful and good for a chat. The location to Disney Is great but Universal is terrible but there are shuttles. I think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

• 19th Jan 2015

IHSP French Quarter House

New Orleans, USA

Good location and friendly staff and guests. The rooms could use more/better lamps and power points. I think they suffered from 'let's put too many beds in the room' syndrome and there was no space for luggage or lockers inside the room. Also they really need 24hr reception as one person forgot their code and was locked out of their room until either someone in their room returned or 7am when the reception showed up.

• 15th Jan 2015

Washington DC House

Washington DC, USA

This hostel has one of the best vibes I've experienced as everyone hangs out together in the common room and is really friendly. That was a great experience. What wasn't great was the rooms. I was in a 5 bed which was WAY too small. They did not need to shove that extra single bed in there. Also the room on level 1 is so noisy. If you get assigned to it ask to be moved, unless you have wax ear plug to block the noise. Also, no lamps or extra power outlets in the rooms were annoying.

• 9th Jan 2015

NY Moore Hostel

New York, USA

The staff were really helpful and lovely however I don't think I'd stay here again as the Bed was really uncomfortable. The heating was good, perhaps a little too warm as it was -8 and I left the windows open but i overheard that other rooms were too cold to sleep in so there could be some problems there. Massive rooms though you could fit 10 people in their 3 bed room.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Globetrotter

We are very sorry to hear that your bed was not comfortable. NY Moore hostel is in the process right now of switching out our old beds. We hope you change your mind about coming back!

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Great place to stay and would stay again however the bathrooms need to be cleaned perhaps 3 times a day and the hot water runs out in the morning so stick to evening showers

• 5th Jan 2015

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

This is a great hostel. It's new, clean, great facilities and has activities. Definitely would stay again!

• 1st Dec 2014

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

I stayed for 2 nights and had a good time. Loved the free pancakes in the morning. Rooms were spacious.

• 9th Sep 2014

Thanks for your review

The Clarence Park

Toronto, Canada

No lockers in room but they are available downstairs which is a little annoying. There was a problem with the air con in the room but after mentioning it to the staff the next day they fixed quickly which was good.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

It may seem a little annoying not to have lockers in the dorm room.....but the pluses soooooo out way the minuses not having them their! We have them in the hallway away from some one trying to get a good night sleep! It was the biggest complaint we received when we opened 10 years ago and we fixed the problem immediately. Hope to see you soon!

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Staff, variety of facilities (eg bar, breakfast, lounge) and location were good. The room however wasn't good. Uncomfortable saggy bed, air con that did nothing, windows that wouldn't open enough to let air in and an outdated bathroom that was small far outweigh the good. What's worse is that they charge $45 a night for this. Probably the worst value for money I've had at a hostel to date.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hello there, and thank you for your feedback. We have passed on your comments to our maintenance team to check the room you have stayed and work on improvements. We too are big fans of natural air coming into our rooms, however, as a 9 floor building, there is maximum gap we can allow our windows to open in vision of the safety of all our guests (many of which are children).

Needs air con as it gets very stuffy in summer especially on top floor.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

hi there. thanks for your feedback. well, yoho's must be a hot place to be then. safe travells, yoho team :)

Hostel Brikette

Positano, Italy

Starting with the negative aspects: - booked a 4 bed dorm and placed in a 6 bed - air con didn't work - not provided with maps - they don't have a phone so contacting them without this knowledge prior is really hard - not allowed to store food in their fridge - bathroom always wet due to shower leaking - no lockers in rooms Good points - the staff were really friendly - location close to bus stop - good atmosphere at night with guests

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your thoughful feedback. Some of what you say we will address by improving the information we provide during checkin. For example: maps are available online and via email, and for 20 cents as a printout. We do not have a phone, but turn around any email received in 24hrs. It is true that we do not have a fridge for guest use. Sorry if the shower was leaking - we will look into it. All the best for your future travels.

Ulisse Deluxe

Sorrento, Italy

This is the nicest looking hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms and showers were really good with my only suggestion is to lower the lock area for the cupboards as we had to stand on a chair to padlock our cupboards. The location could be better but it's less than a 10 min walk from the main square so still pretty good.

• 4th Jun 2014

Victoria House Hostel

Nice, France

The guy that runs this place (Val) is just great. I was really ill when I stayed here and he was very helpful and checked in on me when it was obvious that I was much better. The hostel is a little run down but it had a good feel about it and I really enjoyed the hostel cat Victor. I wod dedinity stay again.

• 31st May 2014

Pil Pil Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

I didn't get to stay long at this place as I was ill and checked into a hotel instead but I'm not sure if I'd go back. There wasn't really much space to hang out and only one lounge also the showers looked small and awkward. It was nice and close to the bus station though.

• 30th May 2014

Kaixo Backpackers Hostel

San Sebastian, Spain

This is a really good place if you don't want a noisy dorm or need some time to relax. The staff were really nice and the place was easy to find. The rooms were a little hot as the fan they provided you with didn't have enough power and the walls were a bit thin. Comfy bed though.

• 28th May 2014

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

This is a really nice hostel. Is more like a hotel with regards to facilities and service. Would definitely stay in this hotel chain again.

• 31st Jan 2014

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Good location and amentaties. Not much of a vibe as it seems it's full of bus tours/groups etc so no activities planned which is a shame for so travellers. My first encounter with staff was quite poor as they seem less than interested in pointing out places to go on map etc but the same person was much nicer the other times I asked. Must of been having a bad moment. Would probably stay again.

• 19th Oct 2013

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

Awesome hostel. Group dinner every night if you want to join and über friendly staff. Will help you with everything. Nice and clean only issue is to get to rooms 4 & 5 you need to walk through 3 which was a bit weird. I suppose if u wear ear plugs it would be fine. Everyone was really courteous so that helps. Location not as close as I would like but still within a close walking distance. Great for solo traveller.

• 22nd May 2012

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

Good location and high security. Loved the free breakfast however would be nice if the wifi and computers worked properly. Great for a solo traveler like me as there was lots of activities available with other people and hostels. Staff were nice enough and helpful. Cleanliness good however the water runs out in the morning and there was a god awful banging noise with the water pump outside room 202. Water only stays on for 20sec before u have to press the button again which is annoying.

• 18th May 2012

Feetup Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Good hostel in great location. My room was right next to the front door and the window opened onto the plaza. No problem with the noise thou I was wearing earplugs. There is a locker in each room and security is great. The staff were really nice and helpful. Bathrooms were really clean which was great. I was a solo traveller do if your looking to meet lots of new people this is probably not the place as its quiet with no group activities. Also no elevator so don't bring much luggage.

• 15th May 2012