Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

The hostel is lovely and clean, great location short walk to city centre, tiny rooms hardly enough for 6 people and bags. Beautiful bathrooms better than a lot of hotels. Cool rooftop patio but found activities lacking (walking tours etc). My only fault was the staff. I don't know if it was a language barrier thing but they were very unfriendly and unapproachable. Everytime I asked a question it felt like I'd asked them to cut off a limb.

• 19th May 2013

Hostel was in a great location, The Beaver bar was a great extra for cheap food and a place to make friends and watch sport, rooms were dirty and dusty despite daily vaccuming, food and cutlery left over from previous guests (I was there for 3 weeks!), security lacking many guests had outsiders upstairs, minimal activities provided, balcony was a great place to meet other guests and get rowdy before heading out, communal showers need a refurb, would stay again but only due to location/atmosphere

• 22nd Apr 2013

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

We stayed at the USA Hostel in LA and loved it so we decided to keep to the brand in San Fran too. Its an awesome hostel in a great location (within walking distance to Union Square and the shopping/cafes, Westfield and public transport options). It has a big kitchen and a common area with a pool table, a home cinema, laundry etc all the facilities you need really. We never once felt unsafe here or leaving our stuff in the lockers and it was very clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Apr 2013

Wow. Great, we're 2 for 2! We hope you visit our hostel in San Diego too! It's the smallest of the three but right in the heart of the Entertainment District and we promise it will be one of the more unique buildings you ever stay in.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

We stayed here last year and had a great time so we made sure to come back this year too! The staff are amazing, the location is amazing, the facilities are amazing. It was always clean and there was ALWAYS an activity running that you could partake in. The only scary thing during this stay was that 2 hostel goers were robbed of money, passport and belongings so that put a little damper on things. I would still come back in a heartbeat though!

• 8th Apr 2013