Southern Fried Rice

Phuket, Thailand

This hostel is truly gem. The location is excellent as it is no more than a 10 min walk from two different beaches. The rooms are clean, the restaurant downstairs is excellent , and owner is an impressive chess player :-D. This place also has the best Mai Tai in Thailand (in my opinion). I ought to know since I have had more than my fair share of Mai Tais in Thailand... XD

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good hostel. Great staff.

Samsen Skyline Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

This hostel has awesome staff! The hostel itself seems to be a work-in-progress as it is new and they are making changes to the inside. The location was quite good... 10 min maximum walk to Khaosan Road. There are also a couple buses that go right to JJ Market just outside the hostel. There is also a reasonable travel agent associated with the hostel just around the corner. Overall, a very decent place to hang your hat for a stay in Bangkok. The rooftop area is also a good place to chill.

Siem Reap Rooms

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This is arguably the best place I have stayed at in all of my travels, and I have been all over Europe and Asia. Excellent value and even better staff. They arranged everything that we needed and were extremely helpful with everything. They helped us arrange our tuk-tuk tour of the temples and our onward journey to Bangkok. The breakfast was also very good.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Very good place to stay. Good location, great staff, excellent service for onward travel... etc. I would definitely stay here again. I could have done without staying above the bar, but at least it closes at a reasonable hour (~11pm).

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Great atmosphere for chilling out at night. I loved the common area with the pub. Very Nice! Initially, we were a little put off by the location since it isn't exactly in the city center, but that didn't end up being problem since it is very easy to get around. All things considered, it is difficult to ask for much more in a hostel. We would definitely stay again!

• 13th Aug 2013

Thank you for staying with us! As you mentioned, it is very easy to get around Guilin. We make it even easier by providing our guests with useful city maps detailing all bus stops and highlighting all the major tourist sights that would be worth visiting. We're just 5 stops away from the city square and Guilin's taxi services are also very affordable as guests can go anywhere in the city for only 10-15Y. Our amazing staff are always here to help so don't hesitate to ask us any questions! =)

West Lily Hotel

Yangshuo, China

Friendly staff! Nice rooms! Excellent value for the money!

• 10th Aug 2013

Lucky Family Hostel

Beijing, China

I stayed here for 6 nights at the beginning of August. My travel companions and I agree that this is the best hostel that we stayed at in China (between Beijing, Guilin, Yangshuo, Hong Kong). The location is excellent and easy to find. Despite being very close to the center of town, it was surprisingly quiet which made for a nice restful night sleep after a busy day of sightseeing. The hostel has a great layout which lends itself well to meeting other travelers. Great beer, tours and staff!

Seoul Hostel Center

Seoul, South Korea

I picked this hostel because I was on a budget and was just looking for a place to sleep for a couple nights while I enjoyed the fascinating city of seoul. I wish I had paid a little more. I would have gladly paid double what I did to have not been kept awake ALL NIGHT by the communal hair dryer directly outside my door. The bed felt like I was sleeping on a stack of costco sized bags of rice. I have stayed in some uncomfortable places all across Europe and asia but this was memorably austere.