Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 25

Citadel Youth Hostel, Jerusalem, Israel
11th May 2015

I adore the character of this hostel; it's basically a giant Ottoman mansion with an amazing view from the roof! A little more could be desired of the bathrooms, like soap dispensers with soap in them, some of the doors were not great, nowhere to really put your clothes during showers etc. There's a big difference between certain rooms so it's good to look into the specifics before coming. I loved the 13 bed dorm but not a fan of the girls' dorm room. But you can't beat the price!

Fauzi Azar Inn, Nazareth, Israel
4th Aug 2013

Last year I only stayed one night, and this year I stayed for two. Everything was essentially the same (100% in my books) with a few small improvements here and there. The most beautiful hostel in Israel! They have a great blend of the classic Ottoman architecture, with modern washroom facilities and bedding. To be honest, the kitchen is kind of small to be cooking in, but you almost don't want to with world-class Arab cuisine 5 min walk away at affordable prices.

HI Massada, Dead Sea, Israel
2nd Aug 2013

I wish the pool was open in the evenings... in the mornings and afternoons we were checking out the desert sites and in the evening would have liked to come back and use the pool but it was closed at 5.45pm. Other than that, it's very hot in the common areas but this is to be expected because the whole hostel has this open air feel to it with a lot of windows and doors. The rooms are very air conditioned and cool though so no trouble sleeping! The free breakfast buffet is hearty.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
1st Aug 2013

I found the key to the room to not work very well and I woke up some roommates while jiggling the key so much and trying to get it to open. Other than that, the hostel was very helpful with finding our way around the city and I was happy with the level of cleanliness and comfort for the price considering this is in central Jerusalem.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
La Maison du Patriote, Montreal, Canada
14th Jun 2013

Killer location! Comfortable and cleanly feel, with a good sense of security. Staying there really did feel like being invited to spend the night at a family friend's place.

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
20th Mar 2012

LOVED the art, the staircases, the cute room and bed names, the huge windows looking out over Old Town Edinburgh, the free hot drinks and the very large kitchen that made getting around and eating quite pleasant. Fantastic lounges!! My only complaint was THE INTERNET. I had limited access the whole time, and I had chosen the hostel partly on that criteria. Constantly having to go to cafes because the internet crashes was lame. Other than that, this place is safe, good location and AWESOME.

Globe Backpackers Exeter, Exeter, England
19th Mar 2012

I loved the feel of the place here. The kitchen is not ideal... quite cramped with no windows, but everything is there. The room was spacious with nice windows, and the common area is pretty chill. Generally a great and safe place to stop, but I found it a bit overpriced for the off season. You will definitely get sleep here, which is nice :)

YHA Tintagel, Cornwall, England
17th Mar 2012

Everything here is fantastic. You CANNOT beat this location on the cliff!! HOWEVER, the path to get there is very rugged. For lightly packed folks it will do fine, but don't expect smooth sailing with rolling luggage. The beds are clean and comfortable, and the whole place has a very cottage homelike atmosphere. Doors are solid and bathrooms are fine. Being directly on the coastal path is incredible and the walk into town is enjoyable without huge bags! :) Definitely for outdoors types.

HI Massada, Dead Sea, Israel
19th Feb 2012

Massada has a fantastically safe hostel with very clean and spacious rooms, all set in a beautiful location. Essentially I have no complaints, but you get what you paid for. My one major frustration is charging for using wifi. I opted to NOT pay for wifi, given how I was already paying 130 shekels for my bed. It's inconvenient and backwards to make guests pay for the use of internet. In every other regard I felt like an honoured guest, but no internet was not appreciated.

Fauzi Azar Inn, Nazareth, Israel
12th Feb 2012

I originally planned to base my Galilee trip out of Tiberias, but was disappointed with the reviews and prices there, so decided to change plans and go to Nazareth because of how highly recommended the Fauzi Azar is. This is one decision I am deeply grateful I made. My only regret is only staying a night. Starting at the Inn is a genuine Arab Israeli experience from the hearty breakfast and Inn itself and its history to the tour meeting the locals in the city just outside the gate. Stay here!!