Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is a bit far out, be very careful with the bus and train times or you'll have to pay €40 for a taxi from Leiden! Lovely hostel though, lovely staff and very easygoing (Emma, Melissa, Rob, etc) would recommend if you want to go to the beach and get out of the centre for a bit :)

Once again this hostel was fantastic. I always stay here when I come to Paris, and I will continue to do so! Great location, etc however the staff were a particular stand out positive on this occasion, in particular a girl from Belgium and a guy from Tunisia who were very helpful and friendly throughout - an even bigger bonus after running the Paris marathon! I always have and will always continue to recommend this hostel, it was worth every penny.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, it's very nice of you to mention the staff in particular, they'll be very pleased to hear. We are happy to see that you have come back and we hope you will keep doing so, thank you for spreading your love of the hostel!

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

A nice hostel overall, I was lucky to find it to be honest and on one of the nights I never realised that there were blankets to use. Also In one of the 8 bedroom a bed blocks the door, which was a bit annoying. Other than that a great spot and not too far from the centre plus the dinner was really nice!

Definitely the best hostel that I have stayed in in Paris! Staff were extremely helpful and courteous, a great location (even if Gare du Nord doesn't have the greatest reputation!) and I met some lovely people there. Will certainly be staying here again!

We're very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay so much and thank you for your comments about us being the bet in Paris! It's always nice to see such lovely comments about the staff too. St Christopher's Inn GDN

Pella-Inn

Athens, Greece

It was a nice hostel, a bit expensive but it's in a great location and Athens itself is a bit expensive. Please fix the wifi though! Also I would highly recommend British George's walking tour! :D

Living Mad Hostel

Madrid, Spain

An excellent hostel, great location as well! So good that I am returning again in a few days:

Globe Trott Inns

West Ham was a lot harder to get to than I thought! (The train lines were a disaster at the weekend, make sure you check it out before arrival). I walked right past the hostel, you wouldn't even notice that it's there unless you go into the pub and ask the. It's a busy hostel but the staff are very welcoming and helpful. Free breakfast is also a huge benefit and it's comfortable. There was a funny smell but it didn't really bother me, excellent value for money!

This was a great hostel to stay in, and it has so much to offer! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The most off-putting thing about the hostel was the guests in fact, they didn't clean up after themselves, were noisy, etc. A lot of them were lacking in common courtesy and it's not the responsibility of anyone else to change that. Still though a nice location in a lovely area, I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting London!

Hostel is a bit far, but well connected with the metro! Not as hectic as well because it's quiet outside the area in comparison to the rest of Paris. Free wifi, plenty of space and place to put your bags. Very secure as well. Well worth staying in, free breakfast included in price also the staff are really friendly!

Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

A really nice hostel, fair enough the air-conditioning isn't great and the mosquitos are annoying at night but it's big, with a lot of facilities and a good atmosphere, I honestly don't know why people are complaining because it's a nice spot with a supermarket and metro stop not too far away.

thank you very much for your comment !! we are glad that you spent good time in our hostel and that you have appreciated our quality beyond the small defects , cheers, Zebra Hostel Staff :)

Easy to find once you take the bus! Very big, spacious rooms as well and comfortable! Ended up being a nice group of us at night in the common room which created an atmosphere could be different other nights of course. No wifi though but the staff were nice and helpful, small supermarket nearby open until 7:30pm as well, I would recommend this place!

The hostel was difficult to find at first, but to be honest anywhere in Venice is! We ended up being given a 2 bed private room and it was great! The place was quiet enough which didn't bother us and there are a number of facilities available. There is no air-conditioning but it wasn't a big deal when we stayed there. There is a charge for wifi though, be warned!

• 11th Aug 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Firstly, this hostel is nowhere near the centre of Bologna. It took us a good while to find it. Once we arrived there, they told us that there wasn't any room in the main building, so they moved us to another place which looked like a haunted house in a poorly lit area about 100m away. There was no wifi or facilities in this part so if we wanted to use anything we had to walk to the main building. The room was clean, the staff were friendly but to be honest I would not stay here again.

• 10th Aug 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Had a great time here. Staff were really friendly, great location and a fantastic atmosphere! Their breakfast is excellent and included in the price, and it's so close to the beach. Only downside was the music during the day was so loud when we were trying to watch the Olympics but overall I would highly recommend this place and I would love to come back :)

• 6th Aug 2012

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Really enjoyed this hostel, was very lucky to be sharing with a really great gang! Plus AIR-CONDITIONING that actually works in Rome is a major plus. There is a bit of a backpacker/poser vibe to the place I will admit but for the most part I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I think some of the comments I read before on this are a bit ridiculous, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hostel. It's in a very nice location close to the Vatican and the shops/restaurants nearby are good value for money. The staff were friendly as well!

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Such a fun hostel, met some great people, very friendly and accommodating staff! If the check out could be a bit later and possibly if there was somewhere to make food it would be ideal but even without those things it's top notch!

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

Certainly not the most central hostel, but still a good distance between the airport and the main centre. There was no real atmosphere around the hostel but the other guests were friendly, the only main recommendation I would have is to hair air-conditioning in the rooms!