I found Hillspring Palmer's Lodge a bit difficult to find. I was given a top bunk and was unable to sleep as I do no like heights of any sort. I explained this to the booking clerk at the desk. The booking system at Palmer's Lodge seems to prevent them from taking into account requests of this nature. I don't know how they respond to disability. In the main I have been very lucky in my stays with them and always managed up till now to get a bottom bunk. It was clean and tidy and 100%.

• 25th Jun 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback We apologies about the inconvenience with the bottom bunk, unfortunately these beds are first allocated to people staying for longer period, if a buttom bunk is available then we are happy to give them out but if they have been already taken then we cannot move people around. Thank you Robert Stanca Manager

Great place to stay. Rooms are good. I stayed in a 10 female dorm and it was warm and comfortable with all you need. Every time I went to the loo someone was in there cleaning so that is a good sign from my pov! The showers were lovely and hot and available. Breakfast was great. Brilliant location from which to explore - lots of good food places in the local area too.

• 15th Feb 2012