Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

I don't normally go in for expensive chain hostels, but in this case convenience and cleanliness won out for me and I was really happy with my decision, despite the expenses. Personality is pretty run of the mill, and it was kind of hard to meet people (not the best if you want a party hostel probably), but it was safe, clean, well-controlled and super close to the beach. There's $5 overnight parking 15 min walk away that wasn't bad at all, either, and made my life much easier.

Brazen Backpackers

I was happy staying here because it's conveniently located in central London and relatively cheap. Don't expect anything special. The staff are unfriendly and beds uncomfortable with no couches or true common area beyond the pub downstairs. There is a TV with lots of DVDs though, which is cool, but otherwise there's very little to recommend about this hostel. It's really just there as a place to sleep, nothing more.

We are sorry you feel staff were unfriendly I apologise for this. Since you stayed we have revamped the common room area and had new matresses fitted to all beds. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. :-)

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Way Hostel is really fun. There are always activities in the evening and cheap meals provided. Rooms are nice, but the bathrooms are a little weird and low on privacy (especially the showers). Still a great hostel for meeting other people and seeing the city from.

Barnacles is great. There are so many fun places to go just outside the front door and the staff are great about pointing you in the right direction. Facilities are really good, though bathrooms are a bit grimy. I'd definitely go back.

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Not all rooms have lockers, but the beds are super comfortable and the location is great. Be prepared for noise, but that's what you get for being in Temple Bar.