Location USA, Gender Female, Age 25

City Walls Hostel, Dubrovnik, Croatia
14th May 2015

Though it is a bit of a hike, it's really great to be staying in the Old Town. There's a happy hour from 7-8pm every night with beer for 10 kuna so that you actually get to interact with other people in the hostel and find fun things to do together. They staff was very helpful about finding things to do in the area and we were incredibly comfortable there.

Beach Hostel, Split, Croatia
12th May 2015

My stay at Beach Hostel was absolutely the best hostel experience I've ever had. Ladybird is a goddess and does a fantastic job advising on things to do and building a sense of community. It's cheap and small so you get to know other travelers and I met many people I continued to travel with there. Very comfortable with a small kitchen to cook meals in and great balcony area outside. Absolutely the only place I'd recommend staying at in Split.

Tequila Bar Hostel, Zadar, Croatia
6.3
9th May 2015

The rooms are pleasantly decorated with lots of shelving around the beds and pleasant seating upstairs but Tequila Bar is a very basic hostel experience. Though there is a bar downstairs there is little drawing people together, but that could have just been the timing of our visit. They did organize our trip to the Plitvice Lakes, which was lovely. The mattresses were amongst the most uncomfortable I've experienced but it was still a fine place to stay for a night or two.

Wombats City Hostel London, London, England
7th May 2015

The Yellow, Rome, Italy
6th Sep 2014

We only spent one night in The Yellow before catching flights home but had a really good experience. There were just 2 of us and were supposed to be in a dorm but The Yellow upgraded us to a private for free. Everyone was really friendly and, though we didn't stop by, the bar was bumping when we walked home at 1am. Rooms were pretty clean and very comfortable. Seems like a great party hostel where I would def stay again.

HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica, Los Angeles, USA
17th Jun 2013

I don't normally go in for expensive chain hostels, but in this case convenience and cleanliness won out for me and I was really happy with my decision, despite the expenses. Personality is pretty run of the mill, and it was kind of hard to meet people (not the best if you want a party hostel probably), but it was safe, clean, well-controlled and super close to the beach. There's $5 overnight parking 15 min walk away that wasn't bad at all, either, and made my life much easier.

Brazen Backpackers, London, England
5.7
17th Jun 2012

I was happy staying here because it's conveniently located in central London and relatively cheap. Don't expect anything special. The staff are unfriendly and beds uncomfortable with no couches or true common area beyond the pub downstairs. There is a TV with lots of DVDs though, which is cool, but otherwise there's very little to recommend about this hostel. It's really just there as a place to sleep, nothing more.

We are sorry you feel staff were unfriendly I apologise for this. Since you stayed we have revamped the common room area and had new matresses fitted to all beds. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. :-)

Way Hostel, Madrid, Spain
8.0
7th May 2012

Way Hostel is really fun. There are always activities in the evening and cheap meals provided. Rooms are nice, but the bathrooms are a little weird and low on privacy (especially the showers). Still a great hostel for meeting other people and seeing the city from.

30th Apr 2012

Barnacles is great. There are so many fun places to go just outside the front door and the staff are great about pointing you in the right direction. Facilities are really good, though bathrooms are a bit grimy. I'd definitely go back.

Oliver St. John Gogarty, Dublin, Ireland
7.7
28th Apr 2012

Not all rooms have lockers, but the beds are super comfortable and the location is great. Be prepared for noise, but that's what you get for being in Temple Bar.