36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg

Berlin, Germany

Nice place, wish I were staying here more than a night. Staff (one gal in particular, sorry I forgot your name!) is great and helpful. They have a kitchen, it's sort of limited and only open until 10 for some reason, but at least it's something. Location is perfect. Atmosphere is good and solid wifi. Could use better maps though.

Instant Groove! Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Really cool place to stay. Unfortunately I got sick when I was here so the highly social party atmosphere, which I normally love, was not what I was looking for at the time! Regardless I recommend this place if you're looking for a social atmosphere. It's in a great location right above Instant Club, the staff are great, and it's got a nice kitchen and facilities.

Pal's Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Overall good stay, we had a private room. The location is nice, staff is good. The kitchen is...well...not really a kitchen but adequate I guess, the reception hours are kind of annoying (10am-6pm only) and the internet is pretty bad and goes in and out all the time making it almost unusable. The room was nice and met our needs.

Thank you for letting ur know. We fix the WiFi router:)

Aventura Boutique Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

We stayed in the Retro apartment which is in central, not in the normal hostel location. It was perfect - the location couldn't have been better - right in central while still feeling like a quiet street. The apartment was great and had everything we needed. The design of the apartment is very cool (definitely retro!) and we were sad to leave.

Great and well priced place to stay. It's right in the heart of old town so it's a great location and the staff there - Mike, Jack, Brandon, and Julian - are legends, always making sure the guests are having a good time. Facilities are good, the kitchen is adequately equipped, plenty to make your own meals. I'd definitely recommend this place.

Phoenix Hostel

Good place to stay, I've actually booked another day. The lady at reception is awesome and friendly. This place is a typical London hostel, above a pub. Beer is pretty cheap here which is nice, the common area has wifi and a TV and some chairs, decent place to hang out. There wasn't much in terms of socializing but I think there could be, it's just everyone had their faces buried in their electronic devices instead. Breakfast is pretty weak for being paid, but it's only 1.50 and OK.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Second time I've stayed here. Same as last time, good value but breakfast is not free and it's pricey for Czech standards, especially in this area of Prague. Security is good, atmosphere is fine, and they've added a nice pub and cafe since I was here last time which is nice. The only real complaint is the area; it's not terrible, but just out of the way a bit. Still, all things considered, I'd stay here again on a short (1-3 day) stay, otherwise I'd want a place with a kitchen to cook.

Poets Corner Hostel

Olomouc, Czech Republic

Great little place, fantastic staff, nice stocked kitchen with free coffee and tea, good wifi, good location only a short walk to center. If I come back to Olomouc I'll be staying here again.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Good place, good price. It's more like a hotel than a hostel. Only complaints: kind of an inconvenient location (it's not that bad,) they charge an extra 4% for credit cards (they should list that on the description,) and there is no kitchen. Also the wifi doesn't work great around the building, I often had trouble connecting unless I was in the main room. Otherwise, cool place with good staff, ATM inside, nice cafe, safe, clean, locker under the bed. Definitely would recommend for short stays.

Olive Hostel Belgrade

Belgrade, Serbia

This is a great place. Basically a nice three-bedroom apartment right in the center of town with two 2-bed private rooms and a 6-bed dorm. Good price, good facilities, proper fully stocked kitchen, nice bathroom, solid wifi, and best of all, the one-person staff, Ksenija, is awesome. I'll definitely stay here again when back in Belgrade. Thanks Ksenija!

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Couldn't have asked for a better stay, this hostel is great. The atmosphere is incredible, very social - almost impossible not to make new friends. The staff is great as well, taking guests out to cool places every night and hanging out at events. Free welcome beer, cheap (80 dinar) beer and free rakija between 6 and 8 pm. Good rooms, TV, good wifi (although weak in some areas,) smoking area, free laundry service. Only thing was they're on the sixth floor and the lift is broken! The legs burn!

Thanks for the great review - our elevator is working from now! :-)

I get it, this place was cheap and I can't expect that much, but there were some things that were just ridiculous. Wifi didn't work AT ALL. The kitchen was OK but a staff member was constantly in there cooking so it was hard to use it sometimes. They say parties on Thu, Fri, & Sat, but only had it on Thurs. No credit cards accepted. The most ridiculous: the lock out for 7 HOURS every day from 10 to 5. Excessive to say the least, and they also close common areas at 23:30 every night.

Good facilities. Stayed there for two nights but sadly didn't get to see any of Birmingham (my own fault.) Good place to hang out I guess, TV room, kitchen - kept hitting my head on the extremely low ceiling going downstairs. Also wifi is iffy - it's only available downstairs in the common room and even then it's not a great signal. Oh, and best receptionist ever :)

Hey Chris, it's not your fault, we fully realize how comfy it is to just hang out in the common area with other travelers, all you can eat and drink coffee, chocolate and toast and movies, and here's our reason to welcome you back! We will make sure to give you tips about the best things to see in the city. Thanks for the good words!

St Christopher's Village

My only major complaint about the place is the lack of a kitchen, or even just a refrigerator. Otherwise, good. Belushi's is a cool place but too expensive to eat at for every meal every day, which is where the fridge would come in handy.

Smart Camden Hostel

This was a mixed experience. The first couple nights the staff was unfriendly, the second couple nights they were good. Cleanliness is ok-ish - not great but ok. Common room seats are uncomfortable. No lockers to put our luggage in the rooms (I hate that,) but a (paid) shed outside for storage during the day. Having a kitchen is great (and rare in London,) breakfast was typical. The showers were completely useless - warm water slowly dripping out the head. Had to take a shower elsewhere.

St Christopher's Village

Overall good, but a couple of crappy things. First, not having a kitchen sucks. I know they want us to buy their food at Belushi's instead, but even at the discount it gets really expensive. Just a refrigerator would be really nice. Second, paying for a 12-bed dorm instead of a 14-bed dorm but getting into a room with 14 beds (even though two are "never slept in") is crappy. Just sell it as a 14-bed dorm. Otherwise good. The cheap laundry is a welcome change & the under-bed lockers are great.

Hey Thanks for leaving your review, being a party hostel having a kitchen would be fairly dangerous, which is why we do a meal every day for hostel guests for just £3.95. Thanks again

City Hostel Geneva