The 80's Guesthouse

Penang, Malaysia

I absolutely loved it here! The facilities are clean, well-designed, well-thought out, close to everything in Georgetown and the hawker food, bars and restaurants, street art, etc. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Beds are the most comfortable in a hostel that I've ever slept in. I read reviews about an odor from the AC and I experienced none of that. Breakfast was fine with a variety of breads, jam, coffee, tea, fruit. Will definitely stay here again!!

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

I've always enjoyed staying at the Lub D hostels. There are some things to note though during this time while the protests are happening. This location is directly across from where the protesters sleep and where the streets are blocked off. Overall it was safe. Should you want to arrive by taxi, it is highly unlikely that the taxi will be able to make it there as the road is blocked off. Also, my room was particularly mildewy this time which that combined with AC, got me sick.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Thailand

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us. According to mildew problem we have a plan to setup fans in all Ladies dormitory for air ventilation to solve that mildew problem. We hope to see you again next time! Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager & The Gang

In A Box Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I've stayed at many hostels in BKK and this by far is one of the best if not the best I've stayed in. Great design, great location in the city, super easy and close access to the BTS and Airport links in all of BKK, the staff are very friend Lyon and helpful, the place actually smells nice compared to many hostels, it's not a party atmosphere, and it's tucked away in a quiet street. Only two downsides I can think of: no breakfast available and not many restaurants in the area.

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Had a great time there. A very new and clean hostel with a great atmosphere and communal areas with a nice lounge area that includes big couches, fireplace, games, movie room, balcony, etc. Noise on the backside where the bars are at night can be a tad noisy so I would suggest getting a room on either the front or top floor or even get earplugs that the reception will give to you for free. All in all, a great stay and would definitely go back there again!

Hey, Thanks for the awesome feedback. Stoked you enjoyed your time with us. We do monitor the noise from the bars and can call the noise police if they are breaking any rules! Hope you can come back and stay again in the future. Cheers, The Nomads crew

Udee Bangkok