MyLaoHome Capsule Bed

Luang Prabang, Laos

I would hate to give this hostel a terrible review if they didn't deserve it, so I will tell you my story and you can decide. I found the hostel and it looked nothing as it did in the photographs posted on this website. I showed the man the pictures on hostelworld and he told me it was their OTHER hostel. After 2 hours of searching, I came to the conclusion that there wasn't another MyLaoHome, so I gave up and went elsewhere. Don't expect to see in person what you see online!

This is a wonderful place to meet people. The walls are very thin and the bathrooms are less than private, but after traveling around Southeast Asia, you'll realize that it is quite average. The owners are a little cooky and unorganized, but it all adds to the adorable experience the Darling Viewpoint has to offer.

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The rooms were quite clean with fantastic bathrooms. The common area is nice and airy, filled with solo travelers looking to meet people. If you arrive at 6:00 am like me, there are places to rest outside while you wait for 14:00 checkin. The people working here are lovely and helpful. I made the mistake of beginning my trip here so each hostel I stayed in afterward felt like a trash can.