Hostel Bekuo San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
1st Nov 2016

This is my favorite hostel in San Jose. I always stay here when passing through.

Always a pleasure having you stop by...best of luck on the house down south. See you soon :) All the Best, Brian Hostel Bekuo

Gorge View, Niagara Falls, USA
16th Oct 2016

It was perfect. What else did you want to know? Clean. Bathroom facilities, which often are old and funky in hostels were new and spotless. Owner was informative and helpful, providing a map and helping us with the touristy things as well as steering us to more "local" things.

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

6.0
19th Mar 2015

This place was actually better than I expected after reading the reviews. I just needed a place to crash between a long layover of planes, and it served that purpose. I would not stay there as a visitor to the City of Angels otherwise.

Alegrias Hostel Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
21st Feb 2013

I came to Bogota to take a month-long CELTA course (teaching English as a foreign language). I wasn't sure where I would stay but I started at Alegria's, figuring if it wasn't good I'd move. The proof in the pudding is I have been here for one month. It has been one of the friendliest, most welcome hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are like family. I'm going to miss them. I would stay here anytime. Clean, friendly, taking care of anything I've needed - always with a smile.

Pension de La Cuesta B&B, San Jose, Costa Rica
7.1
13th Nov 2012

For its location to downtown San Jose it was great. I live in Costa Rica and have stayed in six or seven hostels in San Jose. What I liked best about Cuesta was its character and it was close to where we needed to be this time. I don't like cities of any sort and particularly San Jose but staying here gave me a different look and experience of the city which was, all in all, a good experience. If you're a seasoned funky traveler it was great; if you're looking for high class, find a hotel.

Casa Yoses Hostel, San Jose, Costa Rica
6.6
25th Feb 2012

Incredibly noisy. Probably great for the younger crowd who like to party - as they did party hardy - but for me, the late night noise drove me nuts, both from the bar/restaurant that was on site and movie "theater" and from other bars down the street on some nights (not all nights). Windows in room was missing glass in louvered so couldn't close to block off noise. The staff did respond to my complaints of guests who were loud and obnoxious at 3:00 in the morning which is a plus.

Hello , Thanks a lot for your review. The noise problem is being adressed by now, we apreciate you helping us improve. Casa Yoses

• USA, Couple, 41+
Hostel Bekuo San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
21st Feb 2012

They were having water pressure problems when we were there which made the showers less than adequate. The ensuite private room we had had a loft which normally would have been great if I hadn't been in town for hip replacement surgery, so that was a bit awkward, and would have been impossible after the surgery. But overall, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. Great owners and staff, owner did a great barbecue hot wings, excellent food, nice layout... an overall good feel about it.

Hey Guys, We loved having you at the hostel, and I hope your recovery is going smooth. Stick to the rehab schedule, and you'll be fine. Please come down and teach me the secret to your pickled beets when you're up and walking. Send your gent down to give us lessons on curry. Also, I'll let you guys know when I'm heading down south.