Alegria's Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

I came to Bogota to take a month-long CELTA course (teaching English as a foreign language). I wasn't sure where I would stay but I started at Alegria's, figuring if it wasn't good I'd move. The proof in the pudding is I have been here for one month. It has been one of the friendliest, most welcome hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are like family. I'm going to miss them. I would stay here anytime. Clean, friendly, taking care of anything I've needed - always with a smile.

PensiĆ³n de La Cuesta B&B

San Jose, Costa Rica

For its location to downtown San Jose it was great. I live in Costa Rica and have stayed in six or seven hostels in San Jose. What I liked best about Cuesta was its character and it was close to where we needed to be this time. I don't like cities of any sort and particularly San Jose but staying here gave me a different look and experience of the city which was, all in all, a good experience. If you're a seasoned funky traveler it was great; if you're looking for high class, find a hotel.

Casa Yoses Hostel

San Jose, Costa Rica

Incredibly noisy. Probably great for the younger crowd who like to party - as they did party hardy - but for me, the late night noise drove me nuts, both from the bar/restaurant that was on site and movie "theater" and from other bars down the street on some nights (not all nights). Windows in room was missing glass in louvered so couldn't close to block off noise. The staff did respond to my complaints of guests who were loud and obnoxious at 3:00 in the morning which is a plus.

Hello , Thanks a lot for your review. The noise problem is being adressed by now, we apreciate you helping us improve. Casa Yoses

Hostel Bekuo San Jose

San Jose, Costa Rica

They were having water pressure problems when we were there which made the showers less than adequate. The ensuite private room we had had a loft which normally would have been great if I hadn't been in town for hip replacement surgery, so that was a bit awkward, and would have been impossible after the surgery. But overall, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. Great owners and staff, owner did a great barbecue hot wings, excellent food, nice layout... an overall good feel about it.

Hey Guys, We loved having you at the hostel, and I hope your recovery is going smooth. Stick to the rehab schedule, and you'll be fine. Please come down and teach me the secret to your pickled beets when you're up and walking. Send your gent down to give us lessons on curry. Also, I'll let you guys know when I'm heading down south.