Reviews: davidlcooper1021

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Make sure you send them an email if you are going to check in late so you can get the door code to get into the building in the evening! Nice hostel, small kitchen, good location, I would go back.

• 21st Jun 2013

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

I have stayed here a couple of times now, and it really is the best place to stay in Bangkok in my opinion. The atmosphere is great and it is a wonderful place to meet new people, and make new friends.

• 9th Jun 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Hostel was nice and clean, full of nice friendly people. Free pool table was nice, so was the movie room, and they serve good food.

• 28th May 2013

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Great little hostel, with friendly staff, and a really really good pad thai restaurant across the street.

• 26th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the kind review and it's great to know you liked our property and our old city area including famous Pad thai shop. Hope to welcome you next time .

Bangkok, Thailand

Wonderful staff, and a good free breakfast. The best point for me though is that it is right by the train station, so it is super easy to get to and from the airport.

• 24th May 2013

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Awesome social hostel, a great place to meet people, and good facilities. The hostel is in the process of a renovation, so expect it to get even better in the future.

• 14th May 2013

Bangkok, Thailand

I have stayed in this hostel a few times now, it is nice, comfortable, has friendly staff, and is easy to get to from the airport with the skytrains.

• 8th May 2013

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Wonderful hostel that let me check out at 4am and just leave my key on the bed. Very nice staff, and good facilities.

• 1st Mar 2013

Crank Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

the climbing wall at the hostel is really good. Kitchen was good too, and rooms were nice. There is also a basic gym which was good.

• 28th Feb 2013

Tasman Bay Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

great little hostel with free pick up from the bus station

• 24th Feb 2013

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

good hostel in the centre of town

• 21st Feb 2013

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

There is absolutely nothing you could fault this hostel on. It really is very good, and one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 16th Feb 2013

Absoloot Value Accommodation

Queenstown, New Zealand

excellent hostel that is making efforts to be one of the best in New Zealand. Really nice rooms and right in the centre of town.

• 15th Feb 2013

Mountain View Backpackers

Wanaka, New Zealand

Great little hostel, with helpful staff and excellent facilities. Plenty of plug sockets in the room. Showers and toilets are shared, but they are always nice and clean.

• 13th Feb 2013

Point Break Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Hostel is a bus ride from the city center, but easy to get to. My room had a toilet in the corner, which was weird, but the beds were nice, and the room was clean. The people in the hostel at the time were great, and the free breakfast downstairs is actually good. I'd happily stay there again.

• 11th Feb 2013

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Rooms were okay, bunk beds had more head room than any bunk bed I have ever seen in my life, but there were good.

• 8th Feb 2013

Tiki Lodge

Taupo, New Zealand

Nice hostel with a good kitchen, and nice rooms. There were only 2 plug sockets in my room for 7, which isn't really enough, but it wasn't much of a problem when I was staying there surprisingly. The security door downstairs means that you can't hang around after you check out at 10am, which is a bit weird, but not a big deal. There is free luggage storage.

• 6th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels around our fantastic country. I'm not sure why the original building designers/planners didn't allow for more plug sockets in the rooms - maybe something to do with some sort of safety regulations???? When we took over management of the lodge we did try to get more put in but apparently we can't... we may have to look at getting some multi boxes... Our security door situation may seem weird but having a hostel where anyone walking off the street can just enter your communal areas seems even weirder to us - previously anyone could just wander upstairs and help themselves to guests food etc so we adopted the current security set up in the best interest of our guests.

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

Nice rooms, two kitchens, a good atmosphere, lots of well organized activities, nice staff, a hot tub, what more could you ask for/?

• 4th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Not a lot my friend !! thanks for the kind words man hope you have a great trip through NZ glad you enjoyed what Crash Palace has to offer.. take care .

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Loved the hostel, great staff, and nice guests. 200Mb free wifi access when you arrive, which is average for NZ.

• 17th Jan 2013

Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel

Blue Mountains, Australia

great hostel, probably one of the best big hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 12th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi David, Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a good time at the hostel. Yeah we are quite big, and we try our best to be the best, so good to hear we're doing a good job. I hope you enjoy your trip, and maybe see you again one day if you come back through the Blue Mountains. Regards Chris

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

great location, nice people, and a good kitchen area

• 26th Dec 2012

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

wonderful hostel in a good location with a great atmosphere

• 23rd Dec 2012

Underground Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Good hostel compared to other large hostels in the area.

• 23rd Oct 2012

Coolibah Lodge

Perth, Australia

Really nice, smallish, clean hostel, with great staff and free breakfast (toast and cereal). You have to put a $3 deposit down for any plate or bowl you want to borrow, which is annoying, but apparently cuts down on thievery. WiFi is expensive (global gossip company) as per usual in Australia. Beds were really comfy, which was nice. However the bathrooms are weird, toilets on their own with sinks outside, and showers separate too. Great hostel in general.

• 6th Sep 2012

Britannia on William

Perth, Australia

I stayed in a three bed dorm because I though that would be quieter and cleaner that larger dorms in a big hostel like this one. But nope, there were two people living in the room long term, it hadn't been cleaned, and their stuff was all over the floor. They were also the two worst snorers that I have ever heard, but that's got nothing to do with the hostel. The kitchen is okay, but if you want to cook in the evenings after work, good luck, because it is long, skinny, and packed.

• 4th Sep 2012

Backpack City and Surf

Perth, Australia

Free WiFi was great, but there are a lot of little things that need to be fixed. The hostel has management that is trying to make changes which is good. They only take cash, and if you want a duvet to stay warm in the winter, that is another $30 deposit, on top of the $20 key deposit, so bring plenty of cash.

• 15th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Clean hostel, and small dorm rooms, but not much else going for it.

• 14th Aug 2012

Wickham Retreat Backpackers

Perth, Australia

This is by far the nicest hostel I hostel I have visited in Perth, and one of the best I have seen in Australia. Small, maximum capacity is 17 I think, free WiFi (10mbits), free laundry, lots of free food (cereals, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes), the place is really clean, very nice staff, and there is a great atmosphere there. I highly recommend it, just book in advance, because it always fills up.

• 13th Aug 2012

Spinner's Backpackers

Perth, Australia

I stayed twice at this hostel. Great kitchen, nice staff, close to downtown, the owner Spinner is a really nice bloke, and there is good atmosphere in the hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2012

Spinner's Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Spinners is a great hostel. Not very big, but a great kitchen, nice quiet rooms, close to a Coles supermarket, and not too far away from downtown Perth. WiFi is $3/hr though, and a washing machine is $4, it's $2 for a dryer, but there is a washing line outside. The owner is really nice, and has a lot of connections, so he can help you find a job if you need one.

• 1st Jul 2012

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

The hostel has a great location, close to the library (with free, albeit limited wifi), museums, and shops. But since there are so many people living in the hostel on a long term basis, and their stuff spreads out in the rooms, the staff cannot clean properly. I stayed in a 12 person dorm, and it smelled HORRIBLE, and was very noisy on a Friday and Saturday night. The kitchen was okay, but always having to put money down to get plates and cutlery is a bit of a pain.

• 28th Jun 2012

Chill Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

NIce modern hostel, close to the train station, great TV room, and a good outside balcony. You have to leave a $10 deposit to get plates and cutlery out, which is annoying if you just need a teaspoon or a glass.

• 28th May 2012

Airlie Waterfront Backpackers

Airlie Beach, Australia

great location, close to where the greyhound bus will drop you off in town

• 20th May 2012

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

I stayed here twice, and it is probably my favourite hostel in Australia. Great staff, nice clean hostel, good atmosphere, nice happy people around, close to the shops. Definitely stay here is you can.

• 17th May 2012

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

Really nice hostel in a really nice town. Not far to the shops, and very friendly staff who will help you book your tours in the area. Room has thin walls, but in generally, a really great hostel.

• 14th May 2012

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

Wonderful hostel, one of my favorites so far, with extremely helpful staff and a great atmosphere. Facilities are good, although you have to pay for wifi and laundry, although that is more or less standard in Australia. The staff are very good at recommending activities to do in and around Cairns.

• 20th Apr 2012

Woodduck Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Hostel was nice and clean, close to the main train station, and not a long walk away from the city centre.

• 18th Apr 2012

Riverside Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Really fast, free, internet is the best thing that this hostel has going for it, and I think it had free laundry too. The staff were nice and I met nice people who were staying here, but the accommodation wasn't great. It's a good long walk to the nearest supermarket, so make sure you have food before you arrive.

• 13th Apr 2012

The Flying Fox

Blue Mountains, Australia

Wonderful hostel with great atmosphere. I met some really great people here, and the owner is extremely handy and good at recommending walks in the area.

• 20th Mar 2012

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Nice hostel with reasonably good facilities. Internet access and laundry are expensive. Lots of people living in the hostel long term too. Kitchen facilities are really good.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed at this hostel just before I left Bangkok, because my brother had been raving about it so much. I wasn't too impressed when I first arrived, but it really was a very good hostel, and I med some really great people here. Nice and close to Khoa San Road too. I'll definitely stop here again if I'm every back in Bangkok.

I-Bed

Koh Samui, Thailand

Really liked this hostel. Free breakfast is basic, but nice to have. Easy to meet people in the common areas. Plenty of places to rent mopeds in the area. Just watch out for the expensive taxis hanging around outside.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

A really nice, big hostel, with great facilities. The under bed lockers really are huge and probably the best I have seen. Met a lot of great people here and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Extremely good hostel, and great value for money. I'd go back again if I could!

Bangkok, Thailand

I had a wonderful time staying in this hostel and made some good new friends there. I especially liked the complimentary breakfast, not just because of the food, but because it is a great way to meet some of the other people in the hostel before the day has even begun.

• 22nd Feb 2012