Geneva Hostel, Geneva, Switzerland
7.1
18th Oct 2013

I only stayed here for one night. Staff were ok, some were pretty grumpy, I didn't think there was much of an atmosphere as the only place to meet people were in your room or at reception where the wifi worked. But As the wifi only worked in reception it was mainly a wifi party and no one was talking to anyone. Needs a kitchen. Great for 1 night stop over.

16th Oct 2013

The hostel is good however it does not have an oven. Staff were helpful, beds were comfortable, we got to choose movies to watch each night with other guests.

Lion Lodge Lucerne, Lucerne, Switzerland
14th Oct 2013

Lion Lodge has massive potential to be an great hostel. I was there during the week so not many people were there so the atmosphere was non existent. Staff were helpful, beds were average, kitchen was good.

Dear guest. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for coming to stay at the Lion Lodge. Very happy to hear you thought the hostel was cozy;-)), even not all did live up to your expectations. Thanks for the tip and we will try to be more engaging. Thanks for coming to stay with us. Kind Regards, „the Lion Lodge Team“

Happy Inn Lodge, Interlaken, Switzerland
10th Oct 2013

Happy Inn was a good hostel. It could really benefit from putting in a couple of couches and a portable stove top in the kitchen. Its hard to meet people when the only common area is a bar and there are lots of locals in it. The beds were by far the worst beds I've ever slept in. Bathrooms were good and staff were really helpful. Especially Chris who kept me calm before I went skydiving. The english staff member was also really patient with me when I stuffed up my check out at midnight.

Sant Jordi Alberg, Barcelona, Spain
9th Oct 2013

I only stayed here for one night as I was catching a plane the next day. It was a decent enough hostel easy to get to from the bus station. Beds were ok staff were helpful kitchen was decent. not much you can say for a one night stay

8th Oct 2013

I was only here for one night but it was a decent enough hostel. It was nice to have a real bed instead of bunk beds. It was a shame there was no breakfast. Which was misleading as previous comments said there was but the website said there wasn't

Makuto Backpackers Hostel, Granada, Spain
4th Oct 2013

Amazing hostel, great for solo travellers. Maria was hilarious. The German receptionist cooked the best paella I've ever eaten. Security is great as no one can open the main door. Would stay here again for sure!

The Garden Backpacker, Seville, Spain
30th Sep 2013

Great hostel with a great vice. Perfect for solo travellers. Beds weren't that comfortable. I did both morning and evening walking tours, if you are on a walking tour with Medi be prepared for Moroccan time not earth time. However he was very informative. Morning tour was with Phillipio and was very good.

Tarifa Melting Pot Hostel, Tarifa, Spain
27th Sep 2013

Great hostel, a little expensive for what you get. Great for solo travellers. Breakfast was average.

Pension Souika, Chefchaouen, Morocco
6.6
24th Sep 2013

Location was good, beds weren't very comfortable, bathrooms were as clean as you can get whilst still feeling dirty after showering. The staff do clean them but they never felt clean. There was a severe lack of toilet paper, I took to keeping my own roll near my bed so I wouldn't have to ask the staff for a new roll every time I went to the bathroom. Great location, staff were pleasant. Can't ask for much more when you look at the price.

Funky Fes, Fez, Morocco
21st Sep 2013

Beds were really comfortable staff were very helpful and spoke good English. Walking tour was the sane as the free shopping tour so don't bother paying for the walking tour go on the free shopping tour

360 Hostel Centro, Madrid, Spain
12th Sep 2013

Staff were amazing, beds were amazing - a real mattress very nice change. Would have been perfect if breakfast was included.

Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
10th Sep 2013

Staff were good beds were average my room was tiny kitchen was decent

7th Sep 2013

Staff were very helpful especially Sean who booked all my tours on the day I wanted to go. Beds weren't very comfortable.

Four Courts Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
4th Sep 2013

Hostel was good staff were very friendly and helpful. I missed one of my tours in the morning because I got lost and they were able to ring up the company and made sure I got on the tour for the next day. Beds wern't very comfortable and the push button showers were annoying.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
Mosquito Hostel, Krakow, Poland
3rd Jul 2013

Amazing hostel! Staff were fabulous making sure we were comfortable and relaxed before taking payment. They showed us on a map all the things to do in town. A big thank you to meg and Paula who made sure we got drunk of polish vodka and rearranged our tour to aushwitz as we were too hung over to see it originally.

9th May 2013

Amazing hostel, with amazing staff. I was impressed that they cooked you breakfast for a small amount of money. Very helpful for those hungover mornings. I'll stay here again for sure! :)

Astor Queensway, London, England
26th Feb 2013

Staff were amazing very helpful for advice on what to do. Breakfast was really good would stay here again for sure

Doug's Mountain Getaway, Innsbruck, Austria
14th Jan 2013

It was a home away from home. Doug and his team made me feel very welcome. All the facilities were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Retox Party Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
1st Jan 2013

This was the 2nd time I stayed here. I checked in for 5 nights and stayed for 2 weeks. Only reason why I left was because I booked to go snowboarding with my friends. I also tried to leave however due to some crazy Irish group I got no sleep from partying, confused myself on the train and ended back at Retox for 1 more night.

Three Little Pigs Hostel, Berlin, Germany
28th Dec 2012

I was put in a room with 5 other guys who were all apart of the same friendship group so it was hard to make friends. As it was New Years they just told me they couldn't move me to another room. Over priced as it was New years.

Old Prague Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
23rd Dec 2012

Good hostel. Having no private place to get changed for the showers other then the toilet was annoying.

Retox Party Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
17th Dec 2012

Amazing hostel with the most fantastic group of staff I've ever met. They all went above and beyond to make sure us guests were having the time of our lives. I already miss Sessil's good looks.

Absynt Hostel, Wroclaw, Poland
9th Dec 2012

Good hostel however only having 1 key for the room was annoying. The room just kept staying unlocked the whole time. No lockers in rooms so I couldn't lock up my passport etc. Comfy beds though.

Flamingo Lodz Hostel, Lodz, Poland
6th Dec 2012

Good hostel. No atmosphere as everyone was speaking in Polish so I couldn't talk to anyone. It was very empty also as it was in the middle of winter. The 4 flights of stairs are really annoying but at least you get your workout for the day.

New World St. Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
3rd Dec 2012

Great hostel, the staff saw I was from Australia so put me in the Sydney room which was a nice touch. On the main shopping strip of Warsaw and within walking distance to the old town.

Backpackers-Duesseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
29th Nov 2012

Good hostel for a 1 night stop over.

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
26th Nov 2012

Great hostel, I met the most amazing people here. Staff were always helpful. Couldn't ask for a hostel closer to the main train station. I normally don't like big chain hostels but this one changed my mind.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
21st Nov 2012

Amazing hostel. So close to the main train station which is helpful. Breakfast was amazing worth paying the money. The kitchen only had 4 out of the 6 stove tops working which made it difficult for cooking.

Birka Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
7.1
16th Nov 2012

In my opinion this hostel lacked atmosphere however I am travelling in winter, staff were good beds were comfy kitchen was great!

Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
12th Nov 2012

Good hostel, staff were great very helpful. not too far away from the red light district

Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
10th Nov 2012

Great hostel I always recomend this hostel to my fellow travellers. Not too far away from the town centre and easy to get to from the train station.

6th Nov 2012

Really good hostel, cheap food which is always helpful in Paris

Base Sydney, Sydney, Australia
8th Mar 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Base in Sydney. The beds were really comfy particularly for a hostel. I had 4 excellent night sleeps. The only downfall was I don't think there was enough cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery for the amount of people who were staying there. I also think there could be more couches near the TV room for people to sit and chat whilst watching others playing ping pong.