This is the third time I have stayed in the H.I. LA/Santa Monica hostel. I enjoy the large hotel feel of the hostel, their excellent breakfasts, and their organized events. The breakfasts are the best I've seen in any hostel with a lot more than just peanut butter, jam, and toast. I went to the acting class, two comedy nights, the Pub Crawl, and the Club Hop that was sponsored by the hostel. In all four of these events, I had fun and met new friends from other countries.

The staff were very accommodating. Richard, the manager, was friendly and informing.

The desk help were friendly and accommodating. I especially liked Rudy and Chelsea. The breakfasts were wonderful! They made us eggs, toast, hash browns, and bacon for the meal called "The Works" which was my favorite. The eight-man room was very inexpensive at $17 a night. I liked how the Canal street was a main throughfare and was only one block away from the hostel. One could take the streetcar to the French quarter easily from the hostel on that street. I would like to stay here again.

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

I enjoyed staying at South Beach Hostel. I stayed in an eight bunk room that was always full. All my roommates were friendly and respectful. I especially liked the night clerk Rob who provided great information on good nightclubs, checking-in, and also checking-out. He definitely looks out for the hostel guest. I also liked the faithful continental breakfasts every morning. The food was stocked and appealing. I always had great conversations with breakfast travelers before they ventured out.