Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

Owner is very strict with regards to payment. You must pay on arrival and if you are unable to do so, the staff become agitated.

• 25th Jun 2013

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

Expensive. Rude staff (swiping into our rooms randomly, wtf?). Cleanliness is pretty poor. I would not stay here again.

• 21st May 2013

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

We stayed here for almost a week and tried to avoid being in the hostel room as much as possible. The shared bathroom was dirty and poorly attended to, my friend and I had to take our own tissues in there for a few days because there was no toilet paper. No hand wash for a few days either. Crappy wifi, very spotty. It's very VERY loud and noisy if you have a room at the top of the restaurant. The main door is very difficult to open. Rude staff. Bed gave us a rash. Won't stay here again.

• 12th May 2013

We are sorry that your personal problems effect your stay with us, toilet paper and soap issues are definetly not true( we always check day and night) that , you were just hoping to get one ensuite room but there was not any and you regret to book one room with shared bathroom ,You always came back late at night around 4 / 5 am after parties, how do you know is noisy at night?The main door is easy to open but there might be drinking problem rather than difficulty problem with the opening door,

Kymata Pension

Mykonos, Greece

Andreas was amazing. He was helpful and so considerate. The room we had was beautifully decorated and so roomy. Andreas upgraded my friend and I for free! I would totes stay here again. The location was very convenient. Thanks Andeeas! What a champ!!

• 4th May 2013

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

We were moved from our initial room to a second tin-can of a room that was so small and claustrophobic in the middle of our stay (even though I booked months in advance). I was not happy about this at all. Breakfast was expensive. Staff were nice enough but I would not stay here again.

• 1st May 2013

Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

It was a nice clean hostel with good facilities located in a great area. Artur was helpful and always available. Breakfast is available (in main building only) but since we were in another building a few streets away, we couldn't be bothered getting up early to make the trek. Rooms lack personality. They were very stark and cold. Good value for money though.

• 22nd May 2012

Hostal Santillan

Madrid, Spain

Beautiful. Felt like a hotel. Clean. Good bathrooms. Great staff. Wifi was not good though. And a bit difficult to find. Look for the massive black doors! Will stay here again!

• 16th May 2012