Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff was friendly and helpful, and other guests were great. One sink, stove, etc for 200 plus guests? You're joking. You get in line to wash your dishes after breakfast. Cold showers in the morning and a few broken ones too. Cheapest place to stay in the city though.

Nimmos Hostel

Galway, Ireland

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It's by far the cheapest hostel in Galway, the beds are comfortable, clean sheets, it has a common room that's easy to meet everyone, and has a functioning kitchen. The only possible bad things about it are there is only one staff member at a time who often isn't at reception if you need something but he's usually cleaning up the rooms or bathrooms. There basically is NO security, but you're also allowed to bring friends who aren't staying!

Komune

Coolangatta, Australia

I arrived at 10pm which is apparently after the staff goes home. I wished to pay in cash, but was forced to use a credit card AND pay 2% extra for doing so which was kind of annoying. Room was pretty amazing with a porch that overlooked the pool, private bathroom and two separate areas with 4 beds each.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

The beds aren't super comfy (same as the nomads down the street), but I paid for a 4 bed without windows (cheapest room) and was upgraded to a 4 bed with windows (most expensive) which had it's own kitchen/bathrooms. The best part about this mini common area was the ability to meet other people in the surrounding rooms using this mini common area. I'd stay here again, and would choose it over the other nomads.

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

The beds were uncomfortable, but nice hot showers.

Hi there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you found our beds uncomfortable?! We will have a look at the mattresses in the room you stayed in. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management