Puerta Vieja Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

We arrived early and Fernando was very helpful in checking us in and giving us info about what to do. So overall, the hostel was very good, clean and I would recommend it. The free breakfast in the morning is one of the better ones that I´ve had. Most hostels just give you bad breakfast cause it´s free instead of taking advantage of the opportunity to make a good impression. I thought the breakfast here was definitely better than others. Location here is great as well, right close by the action.

• 23rd Feb 2013

Hostel Don Nino

Oaxaca, Mexico

Great hostel. Everything was clean and professionally run. Great service from the front desk and everything else working there.

• 20th Feb 2013

Hostel Casona Poblana

Puebla, Mexico

good hostel. good location. overall good, the guy at the front counter didn´t seem to have many recommendations on where to go to eat though but was definitely friendly enough.

• 18th Feb 2013

Oviedo

Acapulco, Mexico

Clean room. It had all the things I needed. It's just one of those good basic hotels that is run well. The only thing that disappointed me is that when I arrived I saw a regular price for my room posted on the wall, which was 275 pesos plus IVA. But the price I was charged on HostelWorld was 375 (or something close to that), but they wouldn't give me it. They said they had to pay hostelworld a fee. Anyways, probably a better idea to book directly with them, then through hostelworld.

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

This hostel is a good hostel for doing the backpacker-y stuff, which is good if that is your plan. The location is good for seeing the sites downtown and what not, as there things in the centro worth seeing. The people who work there are friendly and everything is run well. But I did move hostels to an area called Condesa which in my opinion is a much better area to stay in, the streets are more peaceful in the day with lots of trees and there lots of good cafes, bars and restaurants.

Buddha Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

This hostel was good value for the money. Hot water in most of the showers. Workers were attentive when you asked for help. I just wish there would've been more wall plug ins with three pronged outlets, as sometimes you had to search.