Hotel Stars Bordeaux Gare

Bordeaux, France

The hotel is listed as 2 stars. It did not feel 2-star quality. The website did not supply written directions from the train station, only a map. It was unclear that breakfast was not included with the room and the price of the breakfast was not posted. The check-in desk was unfriendly and "policelike." The hallway carpets were stained and had a smell to them.

Hostel Pastoral

Nice, France

The staff were friendly and informative. The directions to the hotel was excellent. The room was clean and quiet. There were facilities for laundry which I very much appreciated. My only negative comment was that the breakfast was mediocre.

Hostel Villa Garden

Dubrovnik, Croatia

The room was damp and had a mildewy smell to it.

Paraiso Travellers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

The location of the hostel was excellent. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. I appreciated the free upgrade to an en-suite room for my long stay. The hostel has a very nice common room with internet access and a wonderful terrace. Excellent value for the money. The directions could be improved. Remember to include the building number on confirmations.

Pension Aussie

San Sebastian, Spain

It took a long time for someone to answer the doorbell. I asked for an alarm clock and it was never delivered. I never saw any staff after I checked in. I was concerned about the space heaters. I thought they might be a fire hazard. The locational was excellent but I found the atmosphere somewhat creepy.

Liberty Hotel Paris

Paris, France

This hotel is in a good location with easy access to major train stations with connections to the airport. The hotel is clean. The hotel staff are knowledgable and courteous. Excellent value for the money.