Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Although this guesthouse is close to buzzing Hongdae, it is much too big (approximately 5 levels) to make it feel homely, or to meet people, as people just come and go. The staff were very nice, however, they were not attentive to whether a deposit had been paid online, and thus charged me extra, before I had to remind them to check their system. The male bathrooms were are bit grotty, but I guess it is normal for such a large guesthose. My mate and I were glad to leave after 1 night.

• 27th Dec 2013

Backpacker Mr.Sea

Seoul, South Korea

Overall a fantastic hostel to stay in. The staff are very nice and very helpful. The location in Hweywa means that it is slightly difficult to get home after a night out clubbing. However, Hweywa is fantastic for dining, street food and some quieter bars. The facilities were fantastic, the only thing lacking was more exciting people, but I guess that is the luck of the draw.

• 26th Dec 2013

Bong House

Seoul, South Korea

This hostel was so awesome, I prolonged my stay there! The staff are incredibly gregarious, friendly and helpful. Whilst Minji took my mate and I out to dinner, Leyla gave me a a crash course in Korean, invited us out to parties with local Koreans, invited us to have tradditional Korean dinners and had even stuck around after work to create an amiable atmosphere. Although the location in Hweywa does mean it takes a while to commute to the buzzing areas, Hweywa has a very homely and cozy feel.

• 23rd Dec 2013