Location: Belgium, Gender: Female, Age: 27

YHA London Oxford Street

Good located hostel near Oxford Street. Small room, but that didn't matter for one night. What did matter, was the noise. At 4 AM there was an earsplitting noise, I looked in the hall to see what was happening and it seemed to be a frustrated guy from the cleaning staff who found it funny to throw with the bins, it was an INCREDIBLE disturbing noise and it was really disrespectful! + Very thin walls and a broken window so a lot of noise from the street and other people staying in the hostel!

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Belgium

Hi Stefanie I'm sorry to hear about the noise you experienced overnight; this was a contracted company who empty the toilet bins. I have passed your comments on to them and can only apologise, I agree this is unacceptable. The window in your room had a faulty hinge, this has now been replaced. I hope this has not put you off visiting us again. Thank you for your comments, they enable us to improve the stay of future guests, Becky (hostel manager)

Justabed

Paris, France

We payed € 60 a night for a private room in this hostel. They told us that the cleaning staff was about to clean the room one hour after we had arrived. Unfortunately, this never happened. INCLUDED IN THE PRICE: chewing gum on the bed, a dirty room that wasn't vacuumed, dirt of the previous guest in the bin, pubic hair on the mattress (that was 5 cm thick), sheets that didn't fit (cover for a double bed and 2 single duvets)... The hostel was 30min away from the centre by metro! INCREDIBLE!

• 29th Mar 2012