Old Town Hostel Kotor

Kotor, Montenegro

Would rate it higher if I could. Excellent staff (particularly Martin was so helpful and would do almost anything to help guests have a good time), beautiful facilities, fun activities, great location and obviously very good value. Had a great time in Kotor largely because of this place.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Pro: -Very comfortable rooms (with AC). -Helpful staff in getting what you need. -Excellent facilities with anything you could really ask for ina hostel. -Location if perfect for touring the old city. -Keycard system surprisingly handy (not messing around with multiple keys. Con: -Not much of a social atmosphere at all. This was probably due to Ramadan, but still could not find much to do in the evenings that the hostel provided. Overall an excellent choice for staying in Central Sarajevo!

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We had a great time at Majdas and in Mostar. The owners really do a great job of making you feel at home and creating a social atmosphere among the guests. The homemade tea and the breakfast were excellent. The only thing this hostel lacks is private accomodations for those who choose it. Nevertheless, an excellent place to stay!

Old Town Hostel

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Pro: -Building is beautiful old structure. -Location could not be better. -Very clean rooms and bathrooms. -Staff were very friendly. -Free drinks and breakfast for guests. Con: -No AC in rooms. This is generally is not a problem but if the wind dies down it can get kind of hot. -Kitchen poorly equipped for cooking. -Bags simply left near front door after check out (no left luggage). In all, a very good option for the centre of Dubrovnik.

Pink Panther's Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Really nice staff, always willing to help or hang out. Clean and cosy rooms and excellent location. Perfect!

Home Made Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

You must stay here if you go to Budapest! The staff are great, the rooms are great, the location is great... best I stayed at inover two months of travel to 25 cities. That's saying a lot!

Nap Hostel Pecs

Pecs, Hungary

Great hostel all around in terms of value, staff, location and all around character. Only criticism is that the rooms could use fans during the hotter months (though temp was fine for sleeping it was quite hot whenever I returned during the day).

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Great location and very nice/helpful staff, but there were no working fans or a.c. in my room so I had to wait until past 1am before it was possible to sleep; even then It wasn't so pleasant. It's a nice hostel but I would not return to this hostel because I was not able to do the one thing I needed to do before a long day of travelling: sleep.

Even do everything is brand new, because of 24/7 use, electronics somethimes stop working. We are really sorry about malfunction of power fan, it was replaced immidiatly the day after. That is why we offered reimbursement.

Kolega Guesthouse

Zadar, Croatia

A clean and well located hostel but little or no atmosphere and an absentee staff/host. Good place to stay, just don't expect too much in the way of character.

Split Guesthouse & Hostel

Split, Croatia

In an already great hostel, few owners work as hard as Josko to make sure your stay is as good as it can be. Thanks for everything!

All around nice place to stay outside the bustle of Hvar town.

Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Clean and affordable place to stay outside the city centre. It's a bit of a trek to downtown Zagreb but the staff really made for me. They are very laid back even allowing us to stay at the hostel long after checkout to wait for the night train. Really great group.

Confidenti Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great place to stay near the center of town. Very clean and staff are really helpful. Would stay again.

Venice-BB-Venezia

Venice, Italy

Alexandra was so wonderful and helpful. Great rooms right in the middle of Venice for a reasonable price. Would stay here again whenever I return to Venezia... hopefully soon!

PLUS Camping Jolly

Venice, Italy

I had been to jolly in the past but, this time around, my experience was far worse, despite facility upgrades. I arrived in Venice and could not for the ac in the bungalow I had booked. Not only did the ac not work, they realized it could not be fixed bc the remote was missing; a problem they knew about but did not want to fix. They refused to move me, despite earlier promises, and their solution was for me to run to the office each time the ac died, waiting an hour at times! Never again!