America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is the second time I have stayed there. I have tried some different hostels around Buenos Aires, but this one I really like and recommend. By the way...there is a nice Spanish school one block away.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Good hostel, very well organised. Though a extremely young crowd interested in drinking all day long. Not a good hostel to relax, endulge cultural stuff or learn Spanish...I moved out to get some rest. If partying is your thing, then go to the Milhouse.

• 17th Feb 2014

Bom Fim Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Uninterested staff. No atmosphere going on. Noise from nextdoor. No electricity in the rooms (extention cords on extention cord etc) All together a bad experience. I checked out and moved to another hostel. The description of the hostel on the main page does not reflect my experience. One positive point...very secure, there are cameras everywhere (Big Brother). And it´s clean...the cleaning lady starts at 7am with lost of enthusiasm. Great if you are a morning person. I will never go back.

• 9th Feb 2014

Geckos Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

A nice hostel. Fairly new. The owners are really nice, the rest of the staff might need some training. There is no real activities offered and the lay out does not really accomodate making new friends. All together I think that within one year this will be THE hostel to stay in!

• 3rd Feb 2014

Hi David and thank for your nice review!Just remind that actually we offer a lot of activities like surf, paraglyding, rafting, boat rips, day trips, walking, bike tours, pool parties, night parties etc..We just prefer not to hard sell our activities because we want to leave the guest free to make his own choice according to our suggestions, but without force him.The big tv /living room and the out door/pool area offer a lot of opportunities to make great friendships!!

Curitiba Casa Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

I came to this hostel again after two years. Again, clean , good staff and a great breakfast.

• 21st Jan 2014

Hey Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The location is excellent. Just off the centre of Via Madalena. I can recommend this hostel for people travelling together. The set up of the hostel is not so good to hook up with others. The hostel does not actively set up activities. Beers are available, but no bar atmosphere. I think with a minor adjustment this could be a top 10er.

• 8th Jan 2014

Maison Tordeur Bed & Breakfast

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The design of the house very interesting, because of the effect of mutiple levels, with a swimmingpool on the top! The rooms clean and spacious. The owner, Lea, is a very friendly woman who wants to make everybody at ease. The ambiance is good but the maisson doesnt have a ‚hostelfeeling’ (meaning that the hostel doesnt do activity suggestions). price/quaity rate: ok.

• 30th Dec 2013

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

It was a nice hostel, though a bit big and not really set up well to meet others.

• 8th Mar 2012