Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Euro Hostel Newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Value for money! Single en-suite for £25 (weekday)...I stayed in huge dorms that were more expensive. It's not the Hyatt, but does what it says on the tin.

• 10th Apr 2014

The beds and mattresses are brilliant, the coffee in the pub downstairs is free and very good, but only two loos and two showers for the entire hostel aren't great. Bit cramped. Alright for 30 quid a night I guess...it's central London, after all.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, most hostels in London have less toilets and showers per head than we do, we have purposely not over crowded the hostel to give our guests a better experience with us, we hope you will consider us should you visit London again, thank you for your comments.

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

I spent a night in the 8 bed dorm. The place is clean, that's a plus, however, the bunks were rather cheap and shaky, the room damp and some mould on the wall next to the window, with the paint slowly coming off the wall. The showers aren't great, actually most public swimming pools have nicer ones. WiFi costs extra, of course. All of this is a joke for the price of almost £20 a night. Unless physically forced to I will certainly not spend another night there.

Corrie Croft Bunkhouse

Isle of Arran, Scotland

The location is brilliant and the view simply stunning. Luckily it is remotely situated, so the place doesn't get too crowded - I had one of the dorms to myself one night. Great kitchen/lounge - it does even have a flatscreen and Sky. Highly recommended!

• 12th Jul 2012

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Royal Mile is alright for what it is, i.e. clean, brilliantly located and packed with friendly staff and long-termers. Nothing glamorous about the 8-bed-dorms though...the slamming fire-doors are a bit annoying when sober.

Kayun Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

Great pool, nice rooms (stayed in a double, no idea what the dorm looks like). Decent place.

Classic Inn Budget Hotel