Location Hungary, Gender Male, Age 30

Stamps Backpackers, Chiang Mai, Thailand
26th Mar 2016

I only spent one short night in this place, but I loved the clean bathrooms and the nice people at the reception. They spoke very good English and were very helpful. Locker is huge and there are many wall outlets near the bed. Wifi is enterprise-grade. Be aware that AC is only included in 6 bed dorms, the others only have fans (plenty of them though)

The Yard Hostel Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
22nd Mar 2016

This place's most attractive feature is definitely its atmosphere. With their green lawn and hammocks you will find yourself relaxing a lot in the garden. The beds and the bathroom were well equipped and the AC was working just fine. An advice to the staff: I would recommend you to update your directions as it was difficult to find the place. Would (will) stay again.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel, Beijing, China
5.1
14th Mar 2016

Kind of the you get what you've paid for experience. The first room I was assigned to was filled with cigarette smoke. When I returned to the reception to ask for a new room I asked if the new room is guaranteed to be smoke-free. The response was: we can't tell our guest what to do. I'm glad I only stayed here one night, because the whole place is very dodgy, cleanliness is a non-existent word here and there is no wifi reception in rooms. It's only true advantage is its location.

11th Mar 2016

Props to Rick and the rest of the staff for being so kind to the guest and for providing such a nice place to stay in Beijing. I especially loved their custom guidebook which you get as soon as you check in with the best restaurants and detailed walking suggestions around the city. Their excursions and foods are well priced, and every suggested restaurants were authentic, not the typical tourist traps. Would definitely stay again.

365 Inn, Beijing, China
5.4
10th Mar 2016

Everything seemed to be normal until I woke up hearing loud drilling 7:30 in the morning, because apparently they were renovating some of the rooms, and one of them happened to be the very one next to my dorm. It would be somewhat OK if they wouldn't start working so early in the morning or at least give some warning beforehand. I was able to get my money for the remaining night, but my full deposit and my first night payment went down the drain. I don't recommend staying here.

Urban Pack, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
7th Mar 2016

I really can't complain about anything. Albert shows a great example of how to be a real host with warm welcome, very useful insider tips and daily organized events. The rooms are small but clean (in Hong Kong there are not much space for disposal anyways), and the facilities are very good. Especially enjoyed the view from my window.

BED STATION Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
4th Mar 2016

Very well designed place with superb cleanliness. Some of the receptionist aren't super helpful when asked for tips (although they are not rude at all), but the great facilities and the nice atmosphere makes it up for it.

Camping Serenissima, Venice, Italy
30th Sep 2015

I loved the staff at this hostel. When they restaurant closed for the season at 30th Sept, they ordered me a pizza from the nearby pizzeria and let me eat it at their place. Bus ride takes about 30 min from the gate to Piazzale Roma. They make getting into Venice easy by selling bus ticket for the same price you'd pay at the ticket machine and putting pictures of buses on the bus stop to help you recognize which bus to take.

Stayokay Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
12th Jun 2015

Staff in this hostel was very helpful and nice. Facilities were great: wifi was excellent (actually I've never seen such reliable wireless in a hostel), there was always hot water and the room was spotless. There was even an electric outlet above each bed, built inside the reading lamp. The provided breakfast was similar to a hotel in terms of quality and the terace. I only missed one thing: lockers inside the room. Atmosphere wasn't very great though, most of the guests were older people.

Planet Traveler Hostel, Toronto, Canada
14th Mar 2015

This place is absolutely fantastic. Modern facilities, nice staff and very comfy beds.

SoBe Hostel & Bar, Miami, USA
10th Mar 2015

It's definitely a deal if you only want to party and go to beach while you're in Miami. They can get you into clubs where it's very difficult to get in otherwise. The staff usually don't have time to deal with you, but when they do, they are generally ok (especially during the day). Wifi only works in lobby, and there's only one PC to use. Kitchen is terrible and unfortunately my secure locker didn't work. They change your towels anytime you want and give you free beach equipment, which is nice

Washington DC House, Washington DC, USA
9th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel, it is super clean, features _huge_ bathrooms and an exceptionally nice staff. Highly recommended!

Sungate One, Madrid, Spain
28th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels i've ever been. Staff (especially Betti) is super-friendly, location is great and the daily dinner was always plenty and tasted great. However, you should know that there's no real breakfast in the morning as the churros and the cake run out in half an hour. Still, the homemade dinner and its community-building effect makes up for it. You're allowed to bring your own boose, and the daily drinking games and pub crawls are so much fun. Highly recommended!

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
25th Jun 2014

This is my 3rd stay at various Pariwana hostels and this one was the best! I usually had complaints about the staff but this time everyone was supernice and also helpful. Thanks for the great stay!

Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos, Iquitos, Peru
21st Jun 2014

Most of the staff (Marcelo and John at the reception) were very helpful, unlike the guy who prepared a breakfast. The shower is always hot, which is good. Location is about 3-4 cuadros from the Plaza de Armas

Ukukus Hostel, Cusco, Peru
7.4
20th Jun 2014

The receptionist was very nice letting me leave my luggage for days in the hostel. Facilities could be upgraded, only a few bathrooms are there for a lot of people, there are no security lockers and there is not any form of breakfast (not even paid) at the hostel. Location is a bit shady during the night, but it´s only 5-10 minutes away from Plaza San Francisco or Plaza de Armas. The young guy at the reception was especially nice helping me catch the flight early in the morning

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
16th Jun 2014

Professionally organized, huge hostel with lots of fun inside. Breakfast is the usual depressing bread with margarine and jam, but you have the option to buy proper food inside

Kantaya Hostel, Puno, Peru
7.7
13th Jun 2014

The hosts are very friendly as long as you buy the overpriced tours from them. In the hostel it was extremely cold and even if you managed to sit next to one of their gas heaters it ws still freezing. I was lucky I get a private room for dorm price as the dorm was overbooked in spite of my reservation, but my bathroom didn't have warm water when I arrived (in the night). I had them do my laundry (overpriced for S/.7 x kg as well), but two days wasn't enough to properly dry them.

Friendly AQP, Arequipa, Peru
5th Jun 2014

Alex and the rest of the staff are easily the friendliest and most helpful people I´ve ever met behind a reception desk. The pancake, cofee or tea served as breakfast is a real treat when you already had your fair share of spread and jam on a dry bread. Their Colca tour is excellent and also not expensive, it does worth every penny. They have a huge TV where you can watch the World Cup or one of the newest movies on bluray. Bunkbeds have curtains, which is a nice feature.

Nasca Lodge, Nazca, Peru
3rd Jun 2014

One of the best and kindest staff around. She helped me book last minute reservation on the flights and get a cab to the bus station. Location is a bit shady, but this shouldn`t be a problem as hostel offers free pickup if you arrive late.

2nd Jun 2014

Host is the nicest girl ever. Also she's very pretty :) she helped me a lot booking last minute trips to islas ballestas, and then she picked me up at the dock to take me to the tour to the reserve. Some facilities could be added (lockers, more wall sockets and PCs with Internet for public use), but it was still a good and relaxed stay. Breakfast was a little expensive for 8 soles

Banana's Adventure, Huacachina, Peru
7.7
31st May 2014

My roommate told me she saw that the cleaning lady didn't replace bedding, she just folded the used one again. That's pretty gross. The tours which are included in the price are wonderful and the staff is very helpful. There's only few lockers, I couldn't put my luggage there for my whole stay. Only 3 wall sockets for a 4 people bungalow which rarely work with European plugs. Food is very expensive, but not very good.

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
30th May 2014

The staff was generally helpful, but one of them couldn't speak English and another one recommended me drinking tap water. The wall socket inside the locker is a great idea, however it only features american plugs (not the combo with the european, as usual). Breakfast is pan with spread and jam, or corn flakes. The bar and restaurant is hillariosly expensive, and their barbecue cannot be recommended either as the meats are either over or undercooked. The location is very good.

Hi Balázs, We do appreciate your review, it is very important for us. We are going to work on trainings to improve our staff's skills with the language. We are always working to give you the best experience; that is why-sometimes- it makes our prices more expensive. About the food, we will take your feedback to check our barbecue and improve it. We will work on those topics, hope you can come back. We will give you the best experience! Best Regards. Maritza Conde Reception Manager

Sleephere, Brussels, Belgium