Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Wombats City Hostel London

Dragon King Hostel

Beijing, China

I enjoyed my stay here. There is a bar/restaurant and the staff is helpful and nice. They can arrange many tours for you in Beijing. Free breakfast if you book a Great Wall tour. Clean with the usual facilities. Atmosphere is bar is cool, but not a lot of "chill out space" otherwise.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I actually stayed at the hostel instead because of a room change. It has a bar/cafe with good food and a nice staff. Dorms are spacious and like hotel rooms w private bathrooms. Key card for all entry into building. Very nice!

Thank you very much for liking our hostel, and speak highly of the bar, the food, the staff and the rooms, we are so happy. Relatively, your support and trust is the momentum to encourages us to move forward, and we will continue to work, and strive to the best hostel in Asia and the world. We are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Great environment, good food, helpful staff. Beds have curtains for privacy. very basic, but free, breakfast. Enjoyed my stay!

Hi Yvonne~ Really glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hostel, we hope to see you again soon,Have a nice day :)

Great roof deck, decent (not free) breakfast. Helpful staff. Rooms OK- lots of chipped paint in my room.

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Great value and location. Full, tasty breakfast with a great view of the sea from the roof deck. Friendly and helpful staff and very clean bathrooms/rooms. My only critiques: need some necessities in the rooms (i.e. individual lights, more elec. outlets, coat hooks, trash can). Highly recommended nevertheless!

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Really charming place, great decor, awesome location. The staff were helpful too. I would definitely stay here again!

Gogol-Mogol Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

The amenities were nice and the hostel itself is spacious. The staff is nice, but not particularly motivated to help or to encourage us to "bond" (talk, go out, etc.). There were no activities planned, no maps, no advice on where to go, and one of the staff members did not speak English very well. It was rather quiet. As a single traveler, it was boring. I always enjoy small hostels because you can meet people. Not the case here. Caters mostly to other Russians. No breakfast either.

Chillax Hostel

Moscow, Russia

I know it will show up as a low rating, but I liked this hostel. Pros: close to everything, nice neighborhood, nice staff, pretty clean. Cons: it's very small and only 2 bathrooms for all the guests. One was closed during my stay. The common room isn't really great for socializing somehow. Staff are helpful and accommodating. No breakfast.

Dear Chillaxer, thank you for your comments! We really enjoyed having you over at CHILLAX! We are sorry you didn't find the common room social enough during all our great events that you participated in, such as the pizza night, movie night, and PS3 archery tournament. As for the bathroom - its now fixed! So plenty of toilets and new shower cabins for all! Yay! Good luck on your future travels!

Belle Ville

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Cute place, great location, breakfast included (and tasty!), would stay again.

The Legend House

Sighisoara, Romania

Its more of a pension than hostel. Cool medieval building, quiet, excellent location. No wifi or breakfast though. Would stay again.

Rolling Stone Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Great staff, great location, simple breakfast, amazing value. Would def stay here again but maybe when there are fewer people. It was really busy!

Cadiz Inn Backpackers

Cadiz, Spain

Cool roof deck to hang out, but it closed at midnight I think. Located in historic part of the city, pretty close to main sites and the beach. Big kitchen for eating, but not enough bathrooms for all guests. I would stay here again though.

• 12th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I love Wombats hostels and have stayed at all of them (multiple times). But this one just doesn't have the same character as the others. It's clean, well staffed, safe, but not conducive to meeting ppl. The common room is also the lobby, so its not really a "chill out" room. Everyone is on their computers. There were few activities. The bar is nice though and has a great view of the city. Great location. However, its March, so its off-season there. Id probably stay again.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Its a great location with nice staff. Cons: no check bt 12 and 4, no breakfast, no social activities planned or encouraged, no drinking games allowed, families and kids allowed (and I was booked in a room a family...awkward!), main room not conducive to meeting ppl for single travelers. Id stay here again though.

YHA London Central

Would have been more fun if I was there longer. This place was large and had good energy. I didn't try the breakfast but it seemed good. It was clean and the rooms were well designed. The luggage room was crowded though.

Ostinatto Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great place. Free, good breakfast, lively, lots of activities, free computers and wifi, ample space for relaxing, a bar, helpful staff, and cheap! The location is cool and close to the subway and other things, but be careful walking around (that goes for anywhere in BA basically). I also liked the design of this building-- very open and spacious. THat said, if you want a quiet, non-echoing hostel, this isnt your place. Overall, I loved it and would stay again for sure!!

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you liked our hostel and enjoyed your stay in it. As regards to walking around, we think that you have to be cautious like anywhere else. As far as the noise inside the hostel, all nights at midnight we turn off the music and ask our guests to prevent from making loud noises, but sometimes there is someone that doesn't respect that. We hope to see you again, you are always welcome in Ostinatto! Ostinatto Staff

LEE & NO Guesthouse & Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

I actually stayed at NAMU and it was awesome. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the breakfast is great, it\'s clean, and very cozy. I would definitely stay here again! Oh and it\'s close to the subway and in a really cool neighborhood.

Its in Miyajima, not in Hiroshima. But thats actually better because Miyajima is more interesting. Its 30 min from Hiroshima. THe staff was really helpful and friendly, and they arranged activities for us. Its a great place!!

Tabicolle Backpackers

Fukuoka City, Japan

Very small hostel, but I liked it alot. The staff was really nice and very helpful. The location isn't great, as it was a long walk from public transport, but I didn't mind it. There was no breakfast. Secure place though with comfortable beds.

Kyoto, Japan

I enjoyed my stay here a lot. The staff are very helpful and the location is awesome (right in Gion near historic sights and bars/restaurants). The hostel seemed new and so there wasnt much life there though. On the other hand, I was there in the off season.

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse

Hida Takayama, Japan

This place could be great, but doesnt have much personality. Its in a good location near the town center and train station and its affordable. The beds are also really cool (youll see if you stay). To be fair, I only stayed for one night though. I just didnt find it that special.

Great place! Would definitely stay again. Its in a great location near the subway and Asakusa. It has great character! I stayed for a week and enjoyed every minute.

Very nice B&B. Its in the town of Pompei, not right near the ruins. So, it requires a train or a 20 min walk. We enjoyed our stay in this very modern and well run place.

Hotello di Roma

Rome, Italy

Location isnt great, but the hotel is very nice. The breakfast is good, and the staff are really helpful and nice. ITs more of a hotel than a hostel, so dont expect the same type of hostel climate. Would stay again for sure.

A Venice Museum

Venice, Italy

Overall an average hostel. Met some nice people, but staff was not particularly helpful or organized, except the manager who was awesome. She set out breakfast for us the night before we left early in the morning. Not so secure, no lockers, rooms not locked, breakfast was only toast (which is fine, but not for that price) Location was excellent, right on the canal, close to vaporetto.

B&B La Tana

Verona, Italy

Great place, would definitely stay again. The hostess was so nice. The rooms have tvs, free computers with internet and private bathroom. And a great breakfast! It really felt like home.

Ciao Bella Milan

Milan, Italy

I was here in the off season, and during rainy weather, so its possible that it is more fun in the summer. It is easy to get to via subway, and a 10 minute walk from the subway stop. The neighborhood is quiet, seems safe, not that far from the sights. It was pretty clean, but definitely got better once the manager showed up. Staff was nice. Breakfast was mainly toast, but cant really complain. Beds are uncomfortable, even by hostel standards. No lock on the room doors. No lockers either.

City Walls Hostel

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great place! Free breakfast, free computer, amazingly helpful staff, great location. There arent enough bathrooms though for all the people. Also, the rooms could be cleaner. Overall though, great place- highly recommended!

Vegas Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Theres nothing special about this place, but I liked it. Free breakfast, good location, clean.

Average hostel, but great location. Free breakfast is a plus, as is the bar downstairs. Chill out room is big but not really a good place to hang. Bar is loud at night but I enjoyed the lively atmosphere. Bathrooms could be cleaner.

I liked the design of this hostel a lot. It felt like someone's house. I didn't stay long, so I really can't say whether it's fun. I found that people didn't socialize much. The location is great though.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

The location is OK, as long as you don't mind taking a cab or walking a bit. Bathroom cleanliness varied. Very noisy in the morning b/c walls are super thin. Front door is never locked which is kind of strange, but I didn't feel unsafe. Pancake breakfast is a plus for sure. There's also a cool outside deck for hanging out. Neighbors play lots of loud soul/gospel music (it's kind of awesome actually).

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

This is a good hostel- well run, nice rooms, cool decor, great location. The only thing missing is a kitchen. So if you dont want to pay for their breakfast, you arent allowed to eat in the same room as everyone else. A little weird. This hostel is pretty loud at night and having the bar inside definitely caters to a younger crowd and occasionally makes the place feel like a college dorm.

This is a good hostel. It is 'self contained' (kitchen, bar, internet inside), so if you want that all inclusive, college dorm experience, this is your place. If youre looking for something more intimate (or mature?), look elsewhere.

Carpe Noctem Original

Budapest, Hungary

This was the best hostel Ive stayed in. The staff is awesome and made me feel so welcome. I am a single traveler and this was THE PERFECT place for people like me. The environment is great-- a big thumbs up!

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Awesome place! Great pub downstairs, great breakfast, nice big rooms, outdoor patio, awesome people in general. I would definitely come back!

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

I only stayed one night but it seemed like a cool place. I would definitely book there in the future. I liked it a bit better than the other hostel I stayed in in Dublin.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Clean place, good location, but kind of impersonal and too many rules. No alcohol, common room closes early, kitchen not open all night. I felt like I was in a college dorm or something. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay. Although I think the 6 person rooms are a bit cramped...

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

It's a nice hostel, but it's really more like a hotel. If you're looking to meet people, it's probably not going to happen unless you are REALLY outgoing. People keep to themselves even though there are quite a few common areas and a bar. Security was OK except that they let some local drunk check into my room at 230 in the morning one night. That was kind of awful. You'll be better off booking yourself into a dorm if you are a single traveller, otherwise you won't meet a soul.

Paris, France

I stayed here over 7 years ago, so it could have changed since. I just noticed I didn't review it and I think it's important to review the hostels so people have good info. I remember this place being boring and far from the city centre. It was more like a hotel than hostel.