This hostel has some really good things going for it - perfect location, amazing free breakfast, decent bar, nice common area, decent atmosphere, tons of people staying there and lots going on. However, the toilet / shower experience is a bit nasty, and I've stayed in around 50 hostels all over the world and SameSun wins the award for the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on! Hopefully I was just "lucky."

• 24th Apr 2014

Posh South Beach

Miami, USA

There are many great things about Posh hostel, but this hostel offers the least privacy of any hostel I have ever stayed at. There is little privacy in the large dorm (people coming and going and noise at all times), little privacy in the showers (smoked glass walls), and no privacy in the toilets (a few open floor stalls). If you can get past this, the rest of the hostel is perfect - nice pool, nice common area, airport shuttle, breakfast, great location.

• 18th Oct 2013

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

This is a good hostel, though it feels a bit past it's glory days and in need of some updating. It's a bit of a walk to the action areas and the beach, but its close to supermarkets and bus routes. I like the pool table and can see this place being quite social when it is busy (but it was quiet when I was there).

• 14th Oct 2013

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

The has to be one of the best "big" hostels in the world. They have thought of everything that a backpacker needs to have a comfortable stay. Very clean, good location, and the hostel does run a few events. To make it even better there could be more / better events and some (not all) of the staff were unfriendly / unhelpful (but to be honest this is usually the case in big hostels). Would stay here again.

Carpe Noctem

Budapest, Hungary

This is a nice, small hostel that has a friendly, home like atmosphere. It's a bit rough around the edges compared to some other places but they make up for it by having an organized event every night. It should be pointed out that these events are a bit commercial in nature and are combined with several other hostels to form very large groups of travelers hanging out together.

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Really good hostel, though it seemed a little quiet when I stayed here, but it is off peak tourist season so that is probably to be expected. The staff is friendly and kitchen is amazing if you want to cook something. The common room is also nice and makes it easy to meet other travelers.

• 28th Sep 2013

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

It's hard to find fault with this hostel, as it's one of the very best. Great atmosphere, good food, friendly and helpful staff. I wish I had stayed here longer.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Overall this a good hostel that becomes a great hostel if you are looking to party, as there is organized drinking every night of the week. The atmosphere was a little down when I was there because a school group was taking up most of the place. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the review. You were bit unlucky with a timing, but we hope to see you next time so we can party together again.

Fest Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

This hostel feels more like a home away from home than a hostel! The owner is one of the most friendly and helpful people you will ever meet and will help you make the most of your visit to Warsaw. If you are looking for a nice, chilled out, non party hostel, this is your place. The breakfasts are also amazing.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Stayed here a while back and I have no complaints about the experience. People were nice and the regular amenities, while basic, were all present. I would stay here again.

• 30th Mar 2013

Invermere Hostel

Invermere, Canada

This is a good hostel, certainly a lot better than the current rating indicates. The hostel was clean and had lots of amenities such as a pool table, darts, cable TV, full kitchen, etc. It's not in the "downtown" part of Invermere, but it's right beside the road and bus to Panorama. It's too bad more people don't use this hostel, as we had the place almost to ourselves. I would definitely stay here again.

HI-Calgary City Centre

Calgary, Canada

Typical HI hostel, big and somewhat lacking in atmosphere. Though a lot of this was due to the fact that most of the residents at the time I was there were working in the city and living long term at the hostel.

• 16th Nov 2012

HI-Calgary City Centre

Calgary, Canada

Calgary HI is rather 'institutional' in how it operates (think large and impersonal), but it meets all the basic hostel requirements. Lots of working people staying there, which I suppose is simply the nature of Calgary.

Thanks for giving us a review. During this time of year, we have lots of guests and travellers from around the world that come to Calgary to travel and look for work on temporary working holiday visas. We are glad that we have met all of your basic needs during your stay. Best regards, Jason Wong, Manager

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in Japan. The staff do an amazing job of keeping everything running smoothly and will help you make the most of your time in Kyoto. The common room is great for meeting other travelers and I love the beer and snacks! Will definitely stay there again.

Thanks!! We are very happy to read your comment. We like making the travel plans run smoothly. If guests want information, we will definitely help. Right, the common room is great for meetinjg really nice travelers like you, drinking beer, eating some snacks! You gave the great time also to us :) Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for your comment!!

Hunny Hostel Jakarta

Jakarta, Indonesia

Good hostel that covers all the basics, if maybe a little worn down. I liked that it was a smaller size so you could more easily get to know everyone staying there. Kitchen and laundry were available. The staff was also helpful.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

Excellent hostel that really gives you everything you need to enjoy your stay. Staff was friendly and helpful, nice pool table, screen to watch movies - everything is still quite nice and new. Recommended.

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Stayed in the AC dorm and have no complaints about my time here. It was a friendly place and good for meeting other travelers. Decent beds, lots of toilets and showers. Food was sort of expensive but you don't have to eat there.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Probably the best hostel in SR. Clean, good facilities, good location, swimming pool (not amazing, but they have one), happy hour with cheap beer, fun atmosphere, helpful staff. It's a good balance of being a fun place while still comfortable.

The Mad Monkey Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Pretty fun hostel, bar is good for meeting people and the room was ok. Really wish they had lockers though.

It's hard to complain about a hostel that gives out free beer! This makes it really easy to meet people here. But everything else wasn't too bad either. I had an issue with a tour I booked via the hostel, but management was willing to come to an understanding over it. Overall, I thought the atmosphere was more friendly and laid back than some other hanoi hostels.

If you are young and love to party, this is the place for you. Me, I kind of felt like I was living at a nightclub and prefer something more laid back. It's not a bad place but not for everyone.

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I had a really good time staying at this hostel. It has a good atmosphere, and they make it really easy to arrange tours, rent a scooter, etc. The 3 bed dorms are a bit awkward, particularly when you get stuck with 2 loud, filthy British guys, but thats not the hostels fault.

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Very nice, well run hostel - kind of an upscale hostel. It's a little far from the train, but it's in a pretty central location. They have a nice patio and common area, plus a separate TV room.

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

This is a newer hostel, so everything is clean, fresh, and bright. The mattresses in the dorms are nothing short of amazing - so comfortable! And the location is decent, being close to the train and having lots of cheap food stalls close by. The only downside of my stay here is that like most HI hostels I have stayed in over the years, the social atmosphere wasn't the best. You can't really fault the hostel for it either, as they have quite a nice common area to hang out in.

Cerana Guesthouse

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

I stayed in the dorm room across the street and had no complaints about my experience. It's basic but clean. The only thing to note is that the dorm had no AC, just a fan.

thank you very much for joining us live in a place, and thanks be best to comment here on our house.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Note that the dorm rooms are right below the bar that runs till 4 AM, so if you are looking to get some rest, you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise it's a cool place.

PODs the Backpackers Home

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Not a bad place, but a bit away from the action and pretty quiet in terms of other travelers when I was there. It's very close to Sentral station and they have 24 hour reception which allowed me to come in on a late flight and stay here.

yeah i think we're one of the quietest and peaceful backpackers around :) thanks for the review and please do come back! looking forward to it :)

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. The staff is really helpful and laid back, the location is right near the heart of the action, and makes it easy to reach the main sights in kyoto, the place is quite clean, and the common room is a great place to meet other travelers - the hostel even offers beer and snacks for reasonable prices! I would stay here again anytime.

• 10th Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here. Also we had a good time with you!! Plesae come back here one day!!

Hotel Chuo Selene

Osaka, Japan

As the name suggests this is a hotel, not a hostel. They have a couple of shared dorm rooms on the top floor but it seemed to me that most of the guests were hotel guests. So the atmosphere isn't the greatest, but on the plus side it is very clean, there is an in-suite shower and bathroom, and it has all the basic things you need. Location is ok - close to spa world and just walkable to the namba area.

Thank you for staying. See you again.

Not a bad place to stay. Its quite a far walk from the train station, and nowhere near any of the main attractions, but there are buses if you can figure them out. Not really the hostels fault, but when I was there there wasnt much of a social atmosphere for meeting people even though the hostel was full. Good facilities and information about Fukuoka though.

Backpackers Miyajima

Hiroshima, Japan

Great atmosphere and a great place to meet other travelers. There isnt much to do in Mijajima itself, but its a good halfway point for seeing both Hiroshima and the Island. Recommended.

Peace House Showa

Osaka, Japan

Absolutely filthy hostel. One bathroom was a dirty squat toilet that stunk like old urine and the other one with the showers stunk like old mold. The kitchen stunk like old food. Nothing appeared to have been well cleaned. The reason seemed obvious to me: there was stuff lying around everywhere belonging to the many people who live full time at this hostel. Everything seemed old and run down. Not recommended unless you really want to be in this area of Osaka (the rundown, red-light district)

• 31st Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Really good hostel and very clean, which I appreciated. They have regular events for the guests which makes meeting people easy. The only thing to note is that this hostel is in North Osaka, which is the business district while South Osaka is more of the nightlife area. But it's close to a train station which makes it super simple to get around during the day.

• 30th Mar 2012

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Just go, it will blow your mind. Maybe the only catch is that there is no real common area - you have private amenities all in your shared room. That being said, I met great people in my room and had a blast. I can't complain about anything about my stay. It's very Japanese style, but that's what I came to Japan to experience!!

• 26th Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

I think this is one of the better hostels in Tokyo. I had a great time during my stay here and met lots of people in their common room. You pay a bit more than other hostels, but you do get free eggs and toast in the morning.

• 23rd Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

This is an OK hostel. The location is nothing amazing, but it does have good connection to the JR lines. The common room and kitchen area is very small. Only one computer that you can only use for 30 min, but they do have wi-fi. Everything at this hostel is quite "basic" but it all does the job.

• 22nd Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much for staying with us at YADOYA Guesthouse for backpackers. We are step by step to make it better and better. We hope you had a good time in Japan. If you have any other chance to come to Tokyo next time, please come and see us again! Alice / YADOYA Guesthouse

Khaosan Tokyo Original

Tokyo, Japan

Decent hostel - fairly clean, quiet, and friendly staff. They put on a free sushi night when I was there and that was a lot of fun. My guidebook called this place a good introduction to Tokyo and that is a great way to describe it. The only downside is that the entire Asakusa area is quite far and hard to get to from the nightlife areas of Tokyo. I stayed at the Annex branch of this hostel after, and that one has a much bigger common area, so might be better for meeting other travelers.

• 16th Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for staying! To come from air port, our it is easy access to our hostel. Because you can take direct train. Unfortunately east of Tokyo like Shibuya or Roppongi has no hostel. 30minutes to night spot is usual, it is quit for me aswell. Japanese people usually go to night club by last train, stay over night and come back by first train. If you have a chance to come to Tokyo again, please try that way:D