Nomads Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
7.4
2nd Jul 2013

This hostel is LOUD, so loud, incessantly, until past 2AM every morning. The ear plugs are an okay solution but the fact remains, it's uncomfortable, and the rooms are very cold. The bathrooms were very clean, and the staff were, on more than one occasion, truly lovely. The kitchen is tiny but the rooftop is splendid. There's not much of a common room, but the downtown location is ideal. I suppose this hostel is more or less the definition of "hit and miss."

Hi there, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your overall stay! We are surrounded by bars and night clubs which cause a higher noise volume. We are limited on space for common area but it gives our guests the chance to get to know each other and hang out! Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Woke Home Capsule Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
24th Jan 2013

This hostel was very clean and the bed was heaps comfortable, plus I had no issue with the locker or the temperature in the room. The staff let me keep my suitcase in the front room after I checked out all day so I could run around town and were very friendly. The bathrooms/toilets are very small and not easily accessed. 9/10

St Kilda Hostel, Melbourne, Australia
21st Mar 2012

My trip to the Home Travellers was absolutely fantastic. Not only were the amenities exactly as described, in a generous and clean living space, but I found many of the people who were holidaying at the hostel to be exceptionally warm and inviting (I stayed in a 4-bed). An employee, Sarah, was outstanding as a hostess and also as a human when I sprained my ankle and needed help getting around. I would highly suggest this place to any single traveler!