The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It was impossible to find, no one had heard of the road or hostel when I was trying to find it. As I was flying it out early the next day I got a private room, it had no window. It was literally a box with a bed in it. They offered no map on arrival or information on what was close by. At best an average hostel

Hoa Binh Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Below average accommodation. The staff where rude, they didn't show us to a room just pointed in the general direction, breakfast was include but no one told us about it. When asking for somewhere good to eat in the area they suggested their restuarant when we said we wanted to explore they were very rude and uninterested. The bathroom was never cleaned during our stay. The only good thing about this place is the location, 10 min walk to the old town and 20 min cycle to the beach.

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

The staff where the loveliest people I have ever met, they learnt everyone's names and were so helpful with advice and recommendations. They couldn't do enough for you! Brilliant location, and all very clean and safe. Will definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in Nha Trang

Town House 50 Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Extremly lovely and helpful staff. Johnny was excellent, he arranged our train and a taxi to the station for no extra charge and also made us goodie bags for the journey. Would definitely recommend!

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

Really good hostel, we only really used it as a stop over but had everything we needed. Was quite far out of the centre compared to the other hostels but still walkable to everywhere.

• 20th Apr 2014

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

I know a lot of people have said how this was one of the best hostels they have stayed at....and yeah it was a good hostel. But unlike others I have stayed at if it wasn't for the peope I met there I think it would have been an average hostel a little out of the way. The hostel had no maps of Berlin and when I asked about tourist attractions I just got told a station to go to and 'there are things there' not the best introduction to a new city. I also booked a 4 bed dorm and was in a 5 bed.

Beaches of Broome

Broome, Australia

Lovey stay at beches of broom. Only reason it got good not excellent for location is because no where in brooms could get excellent location, everything is so far apart!! But it's probably the best location but expect to get walking. Would defiantly recomend this hostel.

Patong Backpacker Hostel

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

This hostel is exactly what is advertised. The staff where very friendly and always wanting to help. The place is spotless, and the staff are always cleaning. The location is perfect....two minutes from the main street, two minutes from the beach. But because the hostel is set above shops you can sleep on a night not hearing any noise at all. The only down side was the atmosphere, im not sure if this was because the time of year However, i would definitely stay there again