Location USA, Gender Female, Age 24

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
13th Aug 2013

Gallery Hostel Porto, Porto, Portugal
9th Aug 2013

The rooms are spacious with balcony and clean bathrooms. Comfy common room areas; it feels like a home even you're in a room with 7 other people. The 10 euro homemade dinners were the best value ever! Multiple courses, delicious food, plenty of wine, and a perfect chance to meet other hostellers. Fun art exhibits and small concerts and port tastings. Lovely location in the Art District. Best hostel in my Portugal trip and in my Europe travels so far.

Serenata Hostel Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
8th Aug 2013

Most luxurious hostel dorm rooms and bathrooms (!!) I've seen among hostels and many hotels. Good breakfast and perfect location with lovely balcony views and A/C. Many outlets too. The only drawback is that it's not the most sociable place for solo travellers, my dormmates were much older and kept to themselves, which is fine. But this place is great for couples and groups I think.

Old Evora, Evora, Portugal
7th Aug 2013

• USA, Couple, 18-24
Blablabla' Faro, Faro, Portugal
7.1
4th Aug 2013

Clean rooms and bathroom. The balcony is small but nice and the kitchen is good. This would be a good place for couples or small groups to stay at but for solo travelers it's a little more difficult to socialize. For the price, however, I found it quite overpriced for what was offered. This was my most expensive hostel in all of Portugal (includes peak-day stays in Porto and Lisbon) and didn't include breakfast. But the owners are very pleasant and funny.

Old Town Lagos Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
1st Aug 2013

Clean rooms and bathroom (I had a nice balcony in my room), good location, friendly staff. My only complaint was that the wifi was a bit spotty. Though I was lucky that my girls dorm was occupied by low key travelers, I would let others know that this is not really your best hostel if you are looking for a quiet setting. You can definitely find it (especially in the mornings) but at night it can get a little loud with revellers. But if you're down to party this is a great choice.

The wi-fi gets spotty when we have 38 people connecting at the same time, but it happens ;) Next year we will get fibre optics cable in Lagos then all wi-fi here will be good . You know people come in all sizes and colours and some are more quiet or more loud, we take everyone, but we are not a party Hostel, we are a fun Hostel :) (lol) . Safe Travels :)

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
27th Jul 2013

Wonderful staff. They were really informative and very caring about the hostellers, remembering names very well and asking them about their day. The pancake breakfasts were delicious and the general atmosphere is very conducive to socializing. The social events themselves, though, were great (especially when they included chorizo), especially the staff dinner. And, I don't know if it's Lisbon, the hostel, or my luck, but here I found a lot of really interesting, intelligent people to talk to!

Way Hostel, Madrid, Spain
10th May 2012

Awesome staff, very sociable common room area, clean bathrooms and comfortable beds. The people in my hostel room were super social and I ended up making many friends. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel in Madrid. Warning though, the pub crawl is not worth it. Better to meet people in the common room and go out independently. Walking tour with Harriet was really fun though. Will definitely return to this hostel when I go back to Madrid!

Hostel One Sants, Barcelona, Spain
4th May 2012

Best hostel I've stayed at, and I've been to quite a few of them. The WCs/toliets were practically insuite and they were clean. Beds were comfy, balcony view. Free computer usage. Perfect place for solo travellers like me to meet people at the nightly dinners. The staff were really awesome. The terrace is fun to hang out and smoke and meet people. I stayed there for 4 nights and it felt really homey by the end of it. Was sad to leave Barcelona and a great hostel. Top marks.

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia, Valencia, Spain
2nd May 2012

Colorful and fun and clean. Good location, close to everything. The staff were really helpful and kind. One of my favorite hostels in Europe so far.

6th Apr 2012

I chose it for it's great location. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at, but I was able to overlook that with friendly staff and good location.

30th Mar 2012

Good location, and it was great to have a good pub/restaurant attached to the hostel (one that is recommended by both locals and guidebooks). The beds were decent and the rooms had an insuite sink which was helpful. Big lockers. The bathrooms were a bit of a maze and were fine. Plenty of space in the showers to change out of clothes and put them to one side. The toliets, however, were super tiny, but I've seen that it's not unusual.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
29th Mar 2012

Only stayed for one night. Not a standout hostel, but it was fine and housed me comfortably.