Reviews: LM23

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Absolutely fantastic! My favorite thing about this hostel is the great atmosphere: they always had a great mix of music, drinks for sale, a diverse crowd, and a chill vibe. One of the (if not THE) best hostel I've stayed in (and I've never said that before). My only complaint is that they charge 2€ to use the locker- kind of defeats the purpose of having all the free stuff.

Khan Home

Barcelona, Spain

This is sort of like a home stay with a family, not an apartment rental. The lady renting the rooms was very friendly; she made sure I had everything I needed and offered tea several times. Very thoughtful. The rules in the email were a little overwhelming, like I was a teenager who couldn't be trusted. A common space which promotes interaction among all renters would make for a nicer atmosphere. Location is great to get to Sants station and to experience a local neighborhood without tourists.

El Granado

Granada, Spain

Great facilities, nice common spaces, very secure. Water pressure was amazing (!) in the one bathroom. Beds were comfy, staff was super helpful once I warmed up to them. Social atmosphere was lacking, I don't think staff did much to create an atmosphere, but maybe guests just weren't as social when I was there. I'm very sensitive to smoke, so I didn't like the smoke coming into my room from the courtyard. Aside from this one issue, I'd definitely stay here again. Great hostel!

Fun Sleep

Madrid, Spain

I stayed at Fun Sleep when Alex, the main guy, was on vacation so I think I experienced some negatives others may not have experienced (in general, the guests didn't really have a host, just a place to stay). Putting this minor problem aside, this is a great hostel. The atmosphere was fantastic and the location is perfect if you want to be in the middle of the tourist action. Hair dryer is a nice added touch. Rooms are spacious enough and the bed was super comfortable compared to most hostels.

Cool & Chic Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was great. The atmosphere is perfect for chilling and socializing, the dorm room was huge, and each guest gets his/her own locker with key. I loved the location because it's not in a busy touristy spot; I liked the experience of taking the metro every day like a local. Metro is a few short steps across a beautiful park. Would definitely go back.

My Friends

Florence, Italy

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

Negombo Beach Hostel

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Perfect location, great atmosphere for meeting people. Dinner is a great touch (although it was offered to us, she tried to charge us after - clarify this before eating). Amazing value for money.

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

Great hostel, loved the common room and patio. There could be more showers (there is one shower and 2 toilets for about 15 people, I think). It's a little expensive, but most in the area are, so it was good value.

Absolutely loved my stay at Pacific Tradewinds!!! The staff were more than amazing, the hostel is secure and clean and I love the social atmosphere they've created. The only thing I didn't like is that 2 of the dorm rooms are directly off of the common room, which is only a problem if you want to sleep before midnight.

Hostal Tres Central

Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico

Fantastic hostel, obviously new. Well done and well taken care of. Nice that the shower and bathroom are in separate rooms.

Thanks! Hahaha yeah, we were hoping for less traffic for each of the shower/bathroom services. Happy to read you thought it was fantastic!

Hostel Erni

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Loved my stay here. It was more like a homestay, as mentioned in some other reviews. I loved the family feeling at the breakfast table and it was very easy to meet other travellers. The house isn't in the best condition, but that wasn't a problem for us. Had a couple of miscommunication problems, but nothing that changed my opinion of the accommodations and great service!

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

Great hostel. We loved the laid back atmosphere in the main area. The pool table was a nice addition and the lockers in the room were big. They lent me a lock for free, too! Decent continental and cereal breakfast included. Can't say anything bad about this place!

Fantastic hostel. The pub has something going on every night and has a great atmosphere. Food is great, too! Lockers for charging electronics was good. Shower had hot water and great water pressure. Rooms are a decent size with good lockers. Definitely a party hostel, but my group was asleep early on our last night, and didn't have much trouble sleeping, save for a couple people coming and going during the night. We were far from the pub, though.

• 10th Apr 2012

Wonders Hostel

Cusco, Peru

We enjoyed our stay. Hostel is quiet and relaxing. Only big downfalls: there were no lockers and water was turned off at night without our knowledge.