Reviews: LM23

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 29

HI Europa Brugge

Bruges, Belgium

Not a bad hostel, just no atmosphere at all! It's a 15ish minute walk into the city (and I think there are buses, too). The grounds are beautiful and would be a lovely place to relax before or after a long day out and about. Just an average hostel.

• 20th Jun 2015

Hostel Uppelink Ghent

Gent, Belgium

Rooms weren't soacious but fine. A fantastic hostel!!

• 19th Jun 2015

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Amazing hostel!! Great atmosphere and quirky/cool common space. The singl only problem for me was the beds squeaked- a solvable problem I'm sure.

• 17th Jun 2015

Urban City Centre Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I was in the building next to the reception (I think this is where the dorms are). Pros: very clean (spotless!), decent location (walking distance to main square, steps to Metro), comfy bed, very secure (key card access for building and room and lockers under the beds), beautiful patio out back. Cons: atmosphere was lacking (there's definitely potential though), staff seemed bored with their jobs (though still helpful).

• 15th Jun 2015

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Key card access and lockers in the room was nice. Hostel is spotless and looked new. Having shower, toilet, and sink all in separate rooms was amazing!! Beds aand pillows were comfy. A great place!!!

• 14th Jun 2015

Hostel Blue Planet

Paris, France

Good location near Gare de Lyon and the bus/train station (can't remember it's name). Neighborhood is nice. Only one key per room means I had to wake up to let in a girl who stayed out late. I was also concerned for security because they certainly don't know who is in which room and therefore will give the key to anyone. Shower on fourth floor sprays the ceiling, not the person. Toilets don't have a sink so you have to go back to the room to wash hands. Sink in the room was lovely!

• 13th Jun 2015

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and I met some amazing people. There appeared to be only one shared bathroom for my 8-bed dorm and possibly other dorms. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could have been if it was busier. The common room is cozy and promotes socialising. I'd definitely recommend a stay here, if only for the atmosphere and amazing staff!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay - so glad you enjoyed it. I just want to point out that there are 4 other shared bathrooms on the floor above - so guests can always use those. Maybe we should point that out on check in. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will also place a sign next to that bathroom advising guests.

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Absolutely fantastic! My favorite thing about this hostel is the great atmosphere: they always had a great mix of music, drinks for sale, a diverse crowd, and a chill vibe. One of the (if not THE) best hostel I've stayed in (and I've never said that before). My only complaint is that they charge 2€ to use the locker- kind of defeats the purpose of having all the free stuff.

• 11th Jul 2014

Khan Home

Barcelona, Spain

This is sort of like a home stay with a family, not an apartment rental. The lady renting the rooms was very friendly; she made sure I had everything I needed and offered tea several times. Very thoughtful. The rules in the email were a little overwhelming, like I was a teenager who couldn't be trusted. A common space which promotes interaction among all renters would make for a nicer atmosphere. Location is great to get to Sants station and to experience a local neighborhood without tourists.

• 10th Jul 2014

El Granado

Granada, Spain

Great facilities, nice common spaces, very secure. Water pressure was amazing (!) in the one bathroom. Beds were comfy, staff was super helpful once I warmed up to them. Social atmosphere was lacking, I don't think staff did much to create an atmosphere, but maybe guests just weren't as social when I was there. I'm very sensitive to smoke, so I didn't like the smoke coming into my room from the courtyard. Aside from this one issue, I'd definitely stay here again. Great hostel!

• 6th Jul 2014

Fun Sleep

Madrid, Spain

I stayed at Fun Sleep when Alex, the main guy, was on vacation so I think I experienced some negatives others may not have experienced (in general, the guests didn't really have a host, just a place to stay). Putting this minor problem aside, this is a great hostel. The atmosphere was fantastic and the location is perfect if you want to be in the middle of the tourist action. Hair dryer is a nice added touch. Rooms are spacious enough and the bed was super comfortable compared to most hostels.

• 1st Jul 2014

Cool & Chic Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was great. The atmosphere is perfect for chilling and socializing, the dorm room was huge, and each guest gets his/her own locker with key. I loved the location because it's not in a busy touristy spot; I liked the experience of taking the metro every day like a local. Metro is a few short steps across a beautiful park. Would definitely go back.

• 9th Jun 2014

My Friends

Florence, Italy

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

• 15th Apr 2014

Negombo Beach Hostel

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Perfect location, great atmosphere for meeting people. Dinner is a great touch (although it was offered to us, she tried to charge us after - clarify this before eating). Amazing value for money.

• 30th Dec 2013

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

Great hostel, loved the common room and patio. There could be more showers (there is one shower and 2 toilets for about 15 people, I think). It's a little expensive, but most in the area are, so it was good value.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Absolutely loved my stay at Pacific Tradewinds!!! The staff were more than amazing, the hostel is secure and clean and I love the social atmosphere they've created. The only thing I didn't like is that 2 of the dorm rooms are directly off of the common room, which is only a problem if you want to sleep before midnight.

• 9th Jul 2013

Hostal Tres Central

Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico

Fantastic hostel, obviously new. Well done and well taken care of. Nice that the shower and bathroom are in separate rooms.

• 4th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks! Hahaha yeah, we were hoping for less traffic for each of the shower/bathroom services. Happy to read you thought it was fantastic!

Hostel Erni

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Loved my stay here. It was more like a homestay, as mentioned in some other reviews. I loved the family feeling at the breakfast table and it was very easy to meet other travellers. The house isn't in the best condition, but that wasn't a problem for us. Had a couple of miscommunication problems, but nothing that changed my opinion of the accommodations and great service!

• 30th Mar 2013

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

Great hostel. We loved the laid back atmosphere in the main area. The pool table was a nice addition and the lockers in the room were big. They lent me a lock for free, too! Decent continental and cereal breakfast included. Can't say anything bad about this place!

• 28th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Fantastic hostel. The pub has something going on every night and has a great atmosphere. Food is great, too! Lockers for charging electronics was good. Shower had hot water and great water pressure. Rooms are a decent size with good lockers. Definitely a party hostel, but my group was asleep early on our last night, and didn't have much trouble sleeping, save for a couple people coming and going during the night. We were far from the pub, though.

• 10th Apr 2012

Wonders Hostel

Cusco, Peru

We enjoyed our stay. Hostel is quiet and relaxing. Only big downfalls: there were no lockers and water was turned off at night without our knowledge.

• 4th Apr 2012