Reviews: LM23

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 30

Hostal La Ermita Merida, Merida, Mexico
2nd Jan 2016

Facilities were fantastic!! Amazing water pressure, but lacking hot water (not a problem since it's so hot here anyway). The space is beautiful and relaxing. Not much of an active atmosphere, but I met enough people and that really can change depending who's around. Pool table was a nice touch and is pretty decent. Would definitely stay here again!!

Suites DF Hostel, Mexico City, Mexico
12th Dec 2015

Amazing hostel!! Great spaces for socialising, super comfy beds, nice bathrooms. Staff were great, including the ladies who cook, serve, and clean. Only problem was the kitchen is quite small and doesn't seem suited for guest use (I didn't know where I should put any food I brought)... Not a big deal- we managed some great meals.

Massiosare El Hostel, Mexico City, Mexico
8.0
10th Dec 2015

Decent kitchen, nice rooftop patio, 7-bed form has two toilets w sink, 2 showers, and an extra sink- all in separate rooms. Never had to wait!! Was lacking a little in atmosphere but it was a great, calm place to relax and meet a few people. The only real problem I had was the beds- springs poking up made it incredibly uncomfortable.

Chicago Getaway Hostel, Chicago, USA
9th Sep 2015

A great hostel! Staff were very welcoming and helpful. And all the rest was awesome. For a large hostel, the atmosphere was pretty good- it just can't beat a small hostel atmosphere.

6.3
23rd Jul 2015

Pros: Great location, good security, and the outside space was nice. They have a couple computers and pretty good kitchen. Cons: The showers (2) are very basic with no place to hang clothes or towel, and only one toilet. The man (owner?) was super grumpy and does not know what good service looks like. The other people who worked there were alright but nothing really great. They charge to leave your bag for a few hours - ridiculous! I had a decent time here, but wouldn't recommend it.

HI Europa Brugge, Bruges, Belgium
7.1
20th Jun 2015

Not a bad hostel, just no atmosphere at all! It's a 15ish minute walk into the city (and I think there are buses, too). The grounds are beautiful and would be a lovely place to relax before or after a long day out and about. Just an average hostel.

Hostel Uppelink Ghent, Gent, Belgium
19th Jun 2015

Rooms weren't soacious but fine. A fantastic hostel!!

Antwerp Backpackers Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
17th Jun 2015

Amazing hostel!! Great atmosphere and quirky/cool common space. The singl only problem for me was the beds squeaked- a solvable problem I'm sure.

Urban City Centre Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
15th Jun 2015

I was in the building next to the reception (I think this is where the dorms are). Pros: very clean (spotless!), decent location (walking distance to main square, steps to Metro), comfy bed, very secure (key card access for building and room and lockers under the beds), beautiful patio out back. Cons: atmosphere was lacking (there's definitely potential though), staff seemed bored with their jobs (though still helpful).

MEININGER Brussels City Center, Brussels, Belgium
14th Jun 2015

Key card access and lockers in the room was nice. Hostel is spotless and looked new. Having shower, toilet, and sink all in separate rooms was amazing!! Beds aand pillows were comfy. A great place!!!

Hostel Blue Planet, Paris, France
6.0
13th Jun 2015

Good location near Gare de Lyon and the bus/train station (can't remember it's name). Neighborhood is nice. Only one key per room means I had to wake up to let in a girl who stayed out late. I was also concerned for security because they certainly don't know who is in which room and therefore will give the key to anyone. Shower on fourth floor sprays the ceiling, not the person. Toilets don't have a sink so you have to go back to the room to wash hands. Sink in the room was lovely!

Jordan Tower Hostel, Amman, Jordan
7.7
27th Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, and I met some amazing people. There appeared to be only one shared bathroom for my 8-bed dorm and possibly other dorms. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could have been if it was busier. The common room is cozy and promotes socialising. I'd definitely recommend a stay here, if only for the atmosphere and amazing staff!

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay - so glad you enjoyed it. I just want to point out that there are 4 other shared bathrooms on the floor above - so guests can always use those. Maybe we should point that out on check in. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will also place a sign next to that bathroom advising guests.

Frankfurt Hostel, Frankfurt, Germany
11th Jul 2014

Absolutely fantastic! My favorite thing about this hostel is the great atmosphere: they always had a great mix of music, drinks for sale, a diverse crowd, and a chill vibe. One of the (if not THE) best hostel I've stayed in (and I've never said that before). My only complaint is that they charge 2€ to use the locker- kind of defeats the purpose of having all the free stuff.

Khan Home, Barcelona, Spain
7.7
10th Jul 2014

This is sort of like a home stay with a family, not an apartment rental. The lady renting the rooms was very friendly; she made sure I had everything I needed and offered tea several times. Very thoughtful. The rules in the email were a little overwhelming, like I was a teenager who couldn't be trusted. A common space which promotes interaction among all renters would make for a nicer atmosphere. Location is great to get to Sants station and to experience a local neighborhood without tourists.

El Granado, Granada, Spain
6th Jul 2014

Great facilities, nice common spaces, very secure. Water pressure was amazing (!) in the one bathroom. Beds were comfy, staff was super helpful once I warmed up to them. Social atmosphere was lacking, I don't think staff did much to create an atmosphere, but maybe guests just weren't as social when I was there. I'm very sensitive to smoke, so I didn't like the smoke coming into my room from the courtyard. Aside from this one issue, I'd definitely stay here again. Great hostel!

Fun Sleep, Madrid, Spain
1st Jul 2014

I stayed at Fun Sleep when Alex, the main guy, was on vacation so I think I experienced some negatives others may not have experienced (in general, the guests didn't really have a host, just a place to stay). Putting this minor problem aside, this is a great hostel. The atmosphere was fantastic and the location is perfect if you want to be in the middle of the tourist action. Hair dryer is a nice added touch. Rooms are spacious enough and the bed was super comfortable compared to most hostels.

Cool & Chic Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
9th Jun 2014

This hostel was great. The atmosphere is perfect for chilling and socializing, the dorm room was huge, and each guest gets his/her own locker with key. I loved the location because it's not in a busy touristy spot; I liked the experience of taking the metro every day like a local. Metro is a few short steps across a beautiful park. Would definitely go back.

My Friends, Florence, Italy
15th Apr 2014

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

Negombo Beach Hostel, Negombo, Sri Lanka
30th Dec 2013

Perfect location, great atmosphere for meeting people. Dinner is a great touch (although it was offered to us, she tried to charge us after - clarify this before eating). Amazing value for money.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
Wrigley Hostel, Chicago, USA
12th Aug 2013

Great hostel, loved the common room and patio. There could be more showers (there is one shower and 2 toilets for about 15 people, I think). It's a little expensive, but most in the area are, so it was good value.

9th Jul 2013

Absolutely loved my stay at Pacific Tradewinds!!! The staff were more than amazing, the hostel is secure and clean and I love the social atmosphere they've created. The only thing I didn't like is that 2 of the dorm rooms are directly off of the common room, which is only a problem if you want to sleep before midnight.

Hostal Tres Central, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
4th Apr 2013

Fantastic hostel, obviously new. Well done and well taken care of. Nice that the shower and bathroom are in separate rooms.

Thanks! Hahaha yeah, we were hoping for less traffic for each of the shower/bathroom services. Happy to read you thought it was fantastic!

Hostel Erni, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
30th Mar 2013

Loved my stay here. It was more like a homestay, as mentioned in some other reviews. I loved the family feeling at the breakfast table and it was very easy to meet other travellers. The house isn't in the best condition, but that wasn't a problem for us. Had a couple of miscommunication problems, but nothing that changed my opinion of the accommodations and great service!

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
28th Mar 2013

Great hostel. We loved the laid back atmosphere in the main area. The pool table was a nice addition and the lockers in the room were big. They lent me a lock for free, too! Decent continental and cereal breakfast included. Can't say anything bad about this place!

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Apr 2012

Fantastic hostel. The pub has something going on every night and has a great atmosphere. Food is great, too! Lockers for charging electronics was good. Shower had hot water and great water pressure. Rooms are a decent size with good lockers. Definitely a party hostel, but my group was asleep early on our last night, and didn't have much trouble sleeping, save for a couple people coming and going during the night. We were far from the pub, though.

Wonders Hostel, Cusco, Peru
7.1
4th Apr 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Hostel is quiet and relaxing. Only big downfalls: there were no lockers and water was turned off at night without our knowledge.