Location: Brazil, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Perfectly located, in my favorite area of CT, conveniently close to Long/Kloof st. and just a short taxi/bus ride to camps bay or table mountain/lions head. The atmosphere is very welcoming and chilled out. It's got a nice bar and a sunny internal garden which help interacting with other guests (if you want to). Only negative point was maybe the cleanliness of the toilets in the lower floor, but nothing too bad. This was my 3rd hostel in CT and my favorite so far. Great value for money!

Hey, thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed staying with us and that we are the best one in CT :)

A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof

Dortmund, Germany

Perfect location, in the center of Dortmund. Clean, quiet, safe and spacious rooms. Just what I needed for an overnight sleep. However if you're looking for a party hostel (in Dortumund?), do not expect any fun or hostel atmosphere. It's one of those hostels that you find in Germany or Eastern Europe, in huge buildings,w/ hundreds of doors and no personality. Charging extra for the linen was also a bit disapointing even though its a common practice in Germany. Still then, great value for money.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

The best surprise of my road trip around west-germany/luxembourg and one of the best hostels I ever stayed at! Very safe (but in a "bad" neighborhood), clean and well organized. Good breakfast included and Wi-Fi for free! The bar/lounge on the ground floor has a nice atmosphere and helps interaction with other guests (with fairly priced drinks) and the rooms are quiet enough for sleeping. At a walkable distance from the oldtown, where most bars and nightclubs are. Excellent value for money.

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

This was definitely a very positive surprise. One might complain that the atmosphere is a bit numb and feels like a hotel (I don't think it was that bad), but I think the excelent value for money more than makes up for it: decent location, very safe ("so what? we're in luxembourg"), big and clean dorms, linen included, free parking, nice breakfast included.. only real problems are maybe the inexistence of a kitchen for those wanting to save money, and the dirt in the common use toilets.

Max Hostel

Bonn, Germany

Safe, well located, very clean, in a quiet street and with free parking lot. In theory it satisfied all my requirements for a good place to stay. However, I must admit that I found the atmosphere (if any at all) quite weird. You constatly feel you are the only person in the building (and you actualy are, since they close the reception and there's nobody to check you out in the morning). Besides that, for more its no obligation, charging additional for linen and breakfast will always disapoint me

Spent just one night there. There was not much "atmosphere" (maybe its the time of the year) even though that doesn't bother me at all, since I'd rather go out and explore the nightlife of the city myself anyway. The staff was friendly and the bar downstairs is quite nice. The door that leads up to the rooms doesn't seem very well controled (even though I presume its safe enough for Köln). The rooms were very clean and had a nice toilet. The location is convenient, with many bars/services/clubs.

Tucano House Backpackers

Florianopolis, Brazil

Tucano house is by far, the best hostel I've seen in Brazil and one of the best I've seen in the world. Friendly, hospitable, young staff that treat you as a buddy. Perfect location (I've been to Floripa 1 million times and Lagoa is the best starting point to reach anything). The atmosphere is so relaxed and safe, that the doors are open almost all the time, nobody really bothers using the lockers, you control what you consume from the (nice) bar yourself.. the beds could be better though.

Stand Fast Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I spent only a few nights in it, but the atmosphere was very relaxed, in a quiet and well located street in one of my favorite neighborhoods in Rio (Botafogo: trendy bars/club/rest). The room was clean, the building had a lot of natural light, and the staff was extremely friendly (my little brother "lived" in this hostel for some time and simply loves the people that work there). I wouldn't call it a "party hostel", but I see this as good thing, since the last thing I do in Rio is to stay home.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Very good hostel, with confortable dorms and helpful and lovely staff. The only two things I didn't like about my stay were the height of the bunkbeds (which should at least have those tinny laders just like most hostels) and the cleanliness of the entrance stairs which were really dusty and made it totally unconfortable to take your shoes off when you got in.. Still then, I would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to any friend who plans to visit Vilnius.

Excellent hostel, with comfortable and sunny bedrooms and great atmosphere. The staff was always very helpful and friendly, the place was very clean and well organized, bathrooms were always available, free wi-fi, and the location couldn't be better. I can't tell much about the "party" activities since I didn't stay there during the high season and left before the weekend, but Naughty Squirrel was definitelly one of the main responsible for my time in Riga to be so memorable..

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Definitelly one of the best hostels I ever visited! The location is excellent, right in the middle of the old city; dorms, bathrooms and common areas are very clean and comfy; and most of all: the atmosphere and the staff are great. The HHs and pub crawls were crazy (even though it wasn't high season) and still then, the dorms were silent enough to allow a good night of sleep if necessary (not sure why would anyone need that but, anyway..) Liam and all the staff, thanks for everything, guys!