Reviews: Travelamazing

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff was amazing! They helped me at every turn, even finding a very obscure gift for my best friend. The free walking tour was great, Good Job Polly. Free pub crawl too. They'll even book or recommend tours for you. Plenty of places in the hostel in hang out and meet fellow travelers. I would stay here every time I come back to Edinburgh.

Another Great Review :) Thanks, we hope to see you back soon . BB Crew:)

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Staff was accommodating. The location is a short 2 min walk from the Munich HBF (Main train station). It has Key cards and wifi works in the rooms. It's always quiet upstairs in the rooms, but busy and full of energy down at the Bar/restaurant. I've met plenty of great people at this hostel. I've stayed here at least 5 out of the 10 times I've stayed in Munich.

I'll tell you this first, if you like the movie "The sound of music", this is the hostel for you. They play the movie every night in the movie room. They are also one of the few Hostels that have a Hostel pickup service for the Sound of Music tour. They offer lots of other tours, but be aware, Ice caves and Eagles Nest are closed from 15OCT to May. I met allot of great people there. The lockers in the room work on the keycards. The wifi is weak above the first floor, so go downstairs.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. save travells :)

Staff was great and helpful. Decent bar downstairs and a giant couch thing to meet people. Nice location right around the corner from the Main train Station. Wifi worked in the rooms and downstairs. Breakfast was ok and cost more than it should. I was very comfortable here and would certainly stay here next time.

• 11th Oct 2013

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

This hostel was very nice. Good location for the Basilica of the Sacré-cœur which is right around the corner and beautiful, don't miss it. Also the Moulin Rouge is right down at the bottom of the hill with a Starbucks....lol. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room and WC's were clean. There are plenty of eating choices but my fav was a little Cafe across the street up the little hill on the corner. Try the Madame, it's amazing.

• 11th Aug 2013

Smart Russell Square

Well, let me tell you the security in this hostel is top notch!! But they can really be a bunch of pricks about it. If I have a two bed private hostel room with my girlfriend and she doesn't carry her Keycard, it's like the world has ended. At first, they wouldn't let her in, only after threats of physical force, we got to go verify with the desk that she was really allowed in. Really? I'll never stay at this hostel again. Never.

• 8th Aug 2013

Inter-Hostel

Stuttgart, Germany

I picked this hostel because it had free wifi and it suited the walking distance from the S-Bahn (Surface Train) stop. What I didn't know is the area is filled with homeless, druggies, and pasted out drunks which were probably a combination of both. That doesn't worry me, I'm prepared more than your average traveller to defend myself if needs be, but maybe for a female traveling alone, might be a bit scary. The hostel is a good one otherwise. Staff helpful and rooms clean.

• 6th Aug 2013

Hotel Bed4u Pamplona***

Pamplona, Spain

The location was not bad, you just have to catch a bus up to the down town area... which is good when it's late at night and you don't have a bunch of loud drunks walking around outside. I had an issue where I booked a 3 bed room and two of my friends died, so I went alone. They put me in a one bed room but never refunded the portion of the difference even though I'm sure they let someone else stay in the 3 bed room. I feel ripped off.

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

To be honest, I picked this Hostel only based on it's proximity to the Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station) and that it had a Free Wifi connection. There was some confusion in the room as to which bed belonged to whom, resulting in a very annoying woman waking me at 0300 in the morning to tell me that was her bed even though it was the only one out of the 4 bed that hadn't been slept in the night prior. Anyway, the location is perfect to get to the train station!

• 10th Jul 2013

Hotel Casa Linger

Venice, Italy

This hostel is located best for the Plaza Saint Marco. It's the most famous square in all of Venice and it's about a short 3-4 min walk. This hostel does not have lockers, so make sure you have luggage that locks and bring a chain lock to lock it to the bed frame. I didn't have anything stolen, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to you. Free wifi!!! Staff was almost non-existant, I only saw them twice the whole 3 days. You have a key and a code to get in at all times. I'd stay again.

• 17th May 2013
  • American Samoa

This was a great hostel and I've stayed in a few. What separates a good hostel from a great one is simply the staff. The staff here was super helpful, held my train tickets to Xi'an for two weeks before I arrived, booked shows and tours for me at a moments notice, mapped out the best places to eat and they were so right. I felt so at home, that I even got bought extra of the best Duck in Beijing and brought it back for them. I would have never found that place without them. Also, free Wifi.

• 23rd Apr 2013

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

I'll admit, I had a nice stay here... but I had no idea that a would be stay in a Caravan (For those in America, it's called a Trailer). It didn't cost me that much, but it was a surprise as they did not offer any pictures or mention to the caravans what-so-ever. The staff was friendly... the place was clean... and in a decent location walking distance from the Alice Springs Mall and several tourist shops and restaurants on the strip just past the mall. Stay on the path though... careful.

• 19th Apr 2013

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Good location, friendly and helpful staff, and most of all, free wifi that actually works. Also very clean with a decent breakfast.

Haus der Athleten Hostel

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

This Hostel was quite and off the beaten path... I did stay during the week to Saturday, but it still was easy to get to sleep or sleep in if I wanted. It's in a convenient location to catch the bus to the Train station and the ZugspitzeBahn. The staff was extremely helpful and the room and latrines were always clean. I was even provided a card to use the bus for free and it gave discounts in town as well. This is a great hostel to stay at for Ski or Snowboarding trips.

Damrak Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This Hostel was a bit over priced, but all Hostels in Amsterdam are. The staff was friendly and helpful, but one of the staff continued to give bad info. Almost every time she would point something out on a map, she was about one to two blocks off of the location. If I didn't study locations before and ask her to verify, I could have wasted allot of time walking around looking for the stuff. The WiFI wasn't great, but it worked. Very clean, not like the rest of Amsterdam. Perfect Location!

• 15th Jun 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

I pick Hostels on the available WiFi and this one had WiFi, it just barely ever worked. I checked out of this Hostel early because I couldn't take the noise... I wasn't going to sleep there another night... I used ear plugs and still, I woke to drunken singing and yelling from downstairs and out back on the patio at 3, 4, and 5 0'clock in the morning. I did not get a decent sleep. The staff was friendly, but gave me directions to a really good restaurant that had been closed for 4 months.

• 8th Jun 2012
  • American Samoa

The staff was helpful and polite. Pointed my in the right direction. Very clean. Quite, even tho I came in late, everyone else was quite. I slept well at this Hostel. Wifi worked decently well. I did wish I could get it to work in the rooms tho. No view at all, but not important. Good location, only a 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro station. Decent food nearby. Key card with floor access only for those on your floor. Not over priced either. All around good Hostel.

• 1st Jun 2012
  • American Samoa

This is a great Hostel... Only bad things were the Wi-fi was difficult to get on to, the area is a little ghetto, and the breakfast wasn't so great. The staff was helpful and made every attempt to make us comfortable. The rooms were nice and clean. The overall area was easy to get to... two blocks from Termini. Easy to get to places. The Pub crawl was good and they took to places you probably wouldn't have found on your own.

• 25th May 2012

Hostel Orange

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff was really helpful, even managing to find places that are not known to tourists. Clubs and places only locals know about. One staff member was extra helpful and nice, thank you Agilia! The hostel was clean and has a great location. Ask the staff how to use the trams, they save allot of time. Don't forget about the common room on the 4th floor. I will certainly stay here again next time I come to Praha. Tip- Make sure to convert over 200 euro for a better rate!

• 4th May 2012
  • American Samoa

This is clearly the best Hostel in Paris... But, That isn't saying too much by itself since the other hostels in Paris have bad reviews. This place is clean and the staff is very helpful. They also have handy little sheets with directions to all the popular places and can advise some of the less known ones. I had no problem finding the place but, many others I've talked to have. Make sure you know how to get there with no sunlight. Bring your own towel and a big lock otherwise it's costly!

• 9th Apr 2012

Lisbon Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Where to start? The staff was very helpful, especially Rita. The cooks were really good. Great food. The Tour guide for the Sintra and Cabo da Roca, Carlos, was very knowledgable about everything on the tour and about Portugal itself. Great guide! Rooms and common areas very clean. Great atmosphere with a main room that fosters the meeting of travelers. Great location on the second floor of the Train Station. I don't have enough space to say everything about this place. Stay here!

• 5th Apr 2012

Hotel Espenlaub

Stuttgart, Germany

I chose this Hostel because it was in a decent location for the train and the one of the only hostels that had free WiFi, which is a must for me. But the WiFi only worked on the bottom floor and it didn't work for a while until I helped fix it by resetting the router. This is the first hostel I've stayed at that is only private rooms, but the rooms are good and very clean. The area is quiet and I got great sleep. There is someone at the desk 24/7 and very helpful staff. 3/5 stars

• 4th Apr 2012