Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

There is nothing bad to say about Carpe Noctem Vitae. The staff are definitely one of the highlights of this great hostel, as is the great kitchen facilities and common areas. The hostel is very well maintained despite it being a party hostel, and the location is good with very close proximity of public transport if you prefer not to reach the furthest sights on foot. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys, if I am ever in BP again I'll be sure to holla! :)

• 1st Mar 2013

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The hostel staff strive to make you as comfortable as possible and are always on hand and eager to assist you with any problem, question or inquiry. The exceptional kictchen facilities is a big plus, as are the large upstairs bathrooms. I Highly recommend this hostel :)

• 26th Jan 2013

YHA London Oxford Street

The staff were very helpful, the hostel colourful and comfortable. They do need some freezers for patron use however, so you could not buy any frozen goods. Great location.

• 23rd Jan 2013

Sun Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great hostel, the staff are fantastic, very helpful in every way, I needed to contact the a consulate and they let me do so with their phone as many times as it took to sort out my issue and I was very grateful. It may seem far away from the centre but if you're not layz its not a problem at all, and you get to check out the city along the way. Lots of character, great vibe, definitely recommend it.

• 10th Sep 2012

Rethymno Youth Hostel

Crete, Greece

A fantastic hostel, excellent for making new friends and slipping into the relaxed Greek way of life! Balcony so good for meeting people and having laughs :) There is nothing the manager Sasa won't do to help you, from assisting you in planning day trips, to recommending great raki bars, and then cooking you a delicious omelette the next morning! Great location, and although the outside bathroom puts some people off, I think it creates more of a communal living space feeling which is super fun!

• 19th Aug 2012

Youth Hostel Anna

Santorini, Greece

Very close to Perissa beach and a good supermarket and 24hr bakery. The room was really big and got cleaned every day, and the lockers are huge. The bathroom is very bad in the sense that it is 100% ACCESSIBLE FROM THE STREET!! There is no doors to the showers, only a curtain, so anyone can just come off the street and attack you in the shower! :S However, this is very unlikely as it is very safe but still I was still uncomfortable showering or going to the toilet after dark. Overall great value

• 14th Aug 2012

Zorbas Hotel

Athens, Greece

The best thing about the hostel is the staff, who are very friendly and helpful. It's fine for one or two nights but no way you would want to stay any longer than that! No kitchen but a very fridge you can put a few things in which clearly hasn't been cleaned in a long while, small, boxy showers which clog up and are gross, and rooms so small (or mine was at least) that there is barely enough room for the beds and your bags.

• 12th Aug 2012

The Gspot Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel was awesome! The staff are so friendly and cool and do everything they can to make sure you have fun while you are there. YOU GET A DOUBLE BED BUNK!!! I slept luxuriously all night. The pancakes in the morning were excellent too. I highly recommend this hostel, especially for solo travellers looking to meet people.

• 6th Aug 2012

Lagos Escape Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

What a great hostel! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, as did all of the friends I made there. It's nice and cosy so very easy to meet people, and the breakfast is the best I've had in 5months on the road-omelettes and ham and cheese rolls!!! The main receptionist is wonderful, so lovely and helpful. It's a bit tricky to cook dinner sometimes with only two slow hot plates, however they have a really good bbq which makes up for it!

• 2nd Aug 2012

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in 5 months on the road! The staff really go above and beyond to make sure you have a great time and feel welcome, and are really more like friends than hostel staff. Mammas dinner is OFF. THE. CHAIN!!! 10 euros is more than I would normally spend on a night's dinner at a hostel, but it is restaurant quality, and worth at LEAST double that when you consider the "all you can drink sangria" which goes with it! AMAZING free laundry service, thankyouuuu!!!

• 28th Jul 2012

The Architect Hostel

Seville, Spain

It is true that the hostel lacks any Spanish character and is very corporate, but I really enjoyed staying somewhere for a few days that was very comfortable, clean, and had excellent facilities. Great airconditioning, and it's lovely having breakfast on the roof top, just outside the kitchen. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and friendly. I recommend this hostel for a nice chilled, stay :)

• 26th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Nice clean hostel with great location and helpful staff, definite recommendation.

• 24th Jul 2012

Funky Granada

Granada, Spain

I loved my stay at Funky! It has a great chilled vibe, increased by the presence of a communal guitar! :D The staff are friendly and helpful, and you MUST have their Paella and Sangria - delicioso!! :)

• 20th Jul 2012

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

I was really happy with the hostel, very clean and nice comfy hostel bed. The staff were particularly lovely, very helpful with information, and one in particular really went out of his way to assist me when I had a hiking injury, which I was so grateful for! :) They also have several activities organised in conjunction with another hostel so there is plenty of opportunities to meet people.

• 16th Jul 2012

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

I only stayed overnight at Equity Point but I was very pleased with the hostel. It was very clean and had a nice relaxed atmosphere, which is just what I needed! The owner was absolutely lovely and very helpful with helping me find supermarkets and particular things I needed to buy.

• 4th Jul 2012

Hostal Rosalia

Ibiza, Spain

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hostal Rosalia. It was in a fantastic location, barely minutes from the West End party central, and easy to get to the city if you were so inclined. The staff and manager were wonderful and helped us out on a number of occasions, and we were very grateful for their kindness.

• 28th Jun 2012

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is like brand new - very fresh and attractive, and it has a lift which is always a huge plus. The staff are very helpful and friendly and one in particular went above and beyond to help me out when I was in a very stressful situation. The breakfast is better than most as well, love the hard boiled eggs!

• 12th Jun 2012

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I've stayed at a number of hostels throughout the UK and this has been the best by far. There are so many reasons why; its the late checkout and early check in, its the breakfast which spans from 6am-12pm AND has FRUIT, its the beautiful paintings and murels throughout the hostel and its quirky character. Love it, love, it love it, incredible value for money and excellent place for meeting other people.

• 19th May 2012

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

The Hatters was impressively big and I found I had so much room to put my stuff which isn't usually the case. Excellent facilities, comfy bed, big kitchen and dining areas, good breakfast, and free wifi which was a bonus. Only thing is the hostel is almost TOO big and at times it's hard to meet people because it's hard to find them! Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel and would definitely stay there again if I was ever in Liverpool again.

• 18th May 2012

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Really spacious hostel with great facilities. Great location and value for money with the all day toast! Not really a party hostel so good if you're after something a bit quieter. Don't bother going on the internal pub crawl but the one on Friday you pay for can be excellent if you've got a few people going.

• 10th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your nice review!! We organise something every evening, so guests can get as involved as possible with Manchester events!!! Hope to see you again at Hatters!!

Astor Museum Inn

As someone who has stayed in several hostels throughout London I can say from experience that Astor Museum is a rare gem. Particularly if you are travelling alone, this is the hostel for you, as the staff are the most fun, friendly and amazing people you are likley to meet in London, and are always up for a night on the town! Thanks for everything guys, I would come back in a heart beat! xx

• 6th May 2012

London Backpackers

Great vibe, fun and fresh with a pretty young demographic. LOVE the music in the bathrooms, great way to get pumped while getting ready to go out! Only drawback is being in zone 3 you pay a bit in tube costs so a weekly ticket is probably best if you're gonna be there a while. In having said that, SUPER cheap compared to most!

• 31st Mar 2012