The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Awful hostel in the middle of construction. The rooms are tiny and the walls are paper thin. Very loud partying and road noises play throughout the night. Couldn't sleep until 3am, when finally the bar outside closed. The breakfast ran out before we could get some. The toilets are sparse and don't always flush. I left a night early because it was so bad.

• 23rd Jul 2013

YHA London Oxford Street

Great hostel with amazing staff. Location is amazing. Large kitchen and communal area. Rooms quite small though.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

- great location, perfect for exploring Istanbul by foot. - pick up service from airport (not free) very convenient - room was more like a hotel room, with luxury beds and marble bathroom! very clean, good air con. - very helpful receptionists - best breakfast i have ever experienced from hostel - room lacks amentiies (iron, hair dryer) and because away from main reception felt less social and less access to things - had to buy more toilet paper for our room because not replaced

• 18th Jun 2013

Hotel Everest

Pushkar, India

Great character hotel, relaxing on the roof top restaurant is great and the food was really nice (better than rainbow restaurant!). The rooms were large and well priced. The best thing about the hotel is the manager he is so kind and knows everything about pushkar. Pushkar was our favourite place in India and I definitely recommend everest hotel. We stayed an extra night because we loved it so much.

• 24th Dec 2012
  • New Zealand

Really big hostel, modern and new, has all facilities you need. It has a large bar but I didnt think the vibe was very good. Hard to meet people because it is so big, lacks character.

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The best hostel I have stayed at yet and probably the best I will stay in, in my life. Full of travelers wanting to meet people and have a good time. The owners are all a lot of fun, organize events every night (from pub crawls to team dinners to bar chilling) and make you feel right at home. It was so cosy and so clean I did not want to leave. Big kitchen with free tea coffee rice and pasta. Landry service. Have lockers in the rooms. Each room is painted with street art in a different theme.

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great location! Very close to metro line and other attractions. Met interesting people in the always busy bar downbelow. The rooms have lockers. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were quite big. Not the flashest accommodation but it did the job. Nice showers.

Amigo Hostel Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff were very friendly and I felt right at home. Very helpful with maps etc and let us have fun drinks in the common area. Doesn't have the best facilities but the atomosphere makes up for it. I miss my hostel family now that I am home!

BIg chain hostel. Has everything you need there although it is not in the best location- quite far from the main attractions but it is close to the metro station. The beds had their own curtains around them which was nice for some privacy. No WIFI in the rooms. Hard to meet people because the hostel was so big.

Good clean budget hotel/hostel- better than i was expecting! nice large kitchen and communal room.