Location: Spain, Gender: Female, Age: 25

We stayed there for a night and it was a very pleasant stay. The room was basic and a bit cold but you had everything you needed. Everything was very clean.The common area and the kitchen were excellent with plenty of facilities and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Nimmos Hostel

Galway, Ireland

It's a good hostel to stay for a night or two. Rooms are small and the carpet needs to be moped but the linens appeared to be clean. There are no lockers and the room doors stayed opened during most of the day so it's advisable to bring a lock. The kitchen was very new and nice, however, cleaning rules should be stated as most of the people didnt care about it. The common room was nice and cosy enough. The toilets were definitely too small for the amount of people staying there and not too clean

Rowan Tree Hostel

Ennis, Ireland

This hostel has been one of the nicest I've stayed in. We stayed in a 10 bed room but it was very spacious and each bed had access to its own plug. Toilets were shared but they were big and very clean. The kitchen and the dining room were big and everything you needed was there. Staff was helpful and very nice. For staying at the hostel you got 10% discount at the wee restaurant nearby, which was really nice. I would really recommend staying at this hostel.

The Ferry House

New Ross, Ireland

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. We had a double private room ensuite with all facilities and very clean, even providing towels. You could use the common kitchen and the common area that was fully furnished and very well kept. The hostel surroundings were very nice and Sonia and John are very welcoming and nice. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Captain Halpin's Hostel

Wicklow, Ireland

We stayed there for one night and everything was very good. We stayed in an ensuite room for 5 and the bathroom was very clean. The kitchen facilities are very good and staff is really nice and welcoming. The location of the hostel is perfect. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location was good enough, close to the museums and 30 minutes away from the center. The staff was nice and helpfull. Our room was very clean and big enough for the 6 people we were in, probably not for the 10 that it was supposed to be for, though. The kitchen is small and basic. There is no locker room! and you have to pay 3€ to leave your suitcase in the reception area. Be aware that you will have to pay a 5% fee at the entrance cos of the city tax that was not written anywhere!!

• 11th Apr 2012