Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Books hostel has a really cool vibe, and is perfectly situated in Lapa. The nice shared area, happy hour, and the friendliness of the staff give it a very homely vibe. The only downside which is feel must be said was that my bed had bed bugs, which bit me to pieces. The staff responded well, allowing me to move beds, and discounting my stay. The room I was in did not feel that clean either, but that is hard to achieve in a room full of 8 backpackers!

• 16th Aug 2014

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

Excellent hostel. Free caprinha hour means everyone comes down and starts to talk to each other. Definitely the best hostel in Salvador

• 12th Aug 2014

Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

Brillant location by the beach, but lacking in atmosphere like other hostel such as Che Salguero in town.

• 11th Aug 2014

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Brilliant hostel, couldn't fault it in anyway. Loved the way the staff gave a good map of things to see.

Submarino Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Hostel itself is brilliant, couldn't fault it in any way. The location however isn't so good. It's by the town, which is nothing to write home about. You need to get the bus to the beach, which is normally OK, but not on the weekends as the roads clog up with traffic a 20 minute journey turns into an hour and a half journey. And thats in their winter!

• 31st Jul 2014

Art Rosario Hostel

Rosario, Argentina

Very nice hostel in a good location, and with helpful staff. The decor and lighting felt very dated however. There was a also a quite a strange mix of people at the hostel (we were the only non Portugese speakers at the hostel and so missed out on socialising), but that's luck of the draw I guess.

Thank you for your comment we will consider hug Art

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very nice hostel, in a good location, and with very friendly and helpful staff. They helped us to book a bike tour and a graffiti tour, as well as our bus tickets to Rosario. Big screen to watch Wimbledon and the world cup games was an added bonus. However (this may just have been during our stay) the hostel was full of pretty boring people who didn't go out much. The hostel seemed to attract people who were content not to even see Buenos Aires and all it had to offer, not even to go out to bars