• England, Female, 25-30
Base Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
10th Aug 2013

I didn't stay because when I went to check in, Hostelworld had not made my booking- even though the deposit has been debited from my account and I had a confirmation email. So the hostel had no clue of my booking and I had to make other arrangements. The deposit is still missing from my account. I have rated nomads excellent because know they are. This does not reflect on hostelword.

• England, Female, 25-30
Elephant Backpacker Sydney, Sydney, Australia
3.7
4th Apr 2012

When I checked in, the receptionist was more than unhelpful and was definitely rude. I didnt get told what facilities the hostel had - as in the cafe/bar area, common room etc . I was not directed to a lift as an alternative to walking up 4 flights of stairs to my room. This was not a problem for me but when I arrived at my room to find out I had no linen I had to walk back down and ask for it. And I dont have enough space to even tell you the rest....