Reviews: Xxlozzag

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Blackcurrant Backpackers

Taupo, New Zealand

Amazing - in our double room we felt more like we were in a hotel: towels, ensuite bathroom, electric blankets! All staff really helpful and friendly bar one European who very rudely rushed us out of the kitchen "guys can you hurry up now we need to clean" (we had already politely been asked to leave when we were ready with "no rush", which was fine.) Apart from that, excellent - I'd definitely stay again!

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

Very quiet but pleasant hostel. Wifi wasn't great in my room. Free chocolate pudding and ice cream was a nice touch although cooking it takes up one whole oven which isn't great when you're trying to cook your main meal. I'd definitely stay again.

Haka Lodge Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Loved it. Well thought out rooms with your own light, plug and curtains around your bed. Nice communal areas and the bathrooms were lovely and clean. Monty the dog makes it feel more homely too :)

The Mousetrap Backpackers

Paihia, New Zealand

Really nice hostel, free room upgrade - Nicky was lovely (we didn't speak to Jake) and very helpful. Good facilities, although having a curfew on the upper lounge was great at night, we still got woken up by people banging around the kitchen and going to the bathrooms early in the morning. Other than that we had a nice stay, free bikes were a nice touch for going to the supermarket and the treaty grounds. We would stay here again!

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

We loved our stay at Bamber House, we found it comfortable, well equipped and laid out. Comfortable beds, nearly always hot showers, and friendly staff. Just opposite a bus that takes you into the city for $1.80, and a limited amount of free wifi. I'd happily stay here again.

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

Friendly staff, nice rooms...unfortunately a lot of ants in the upstairs kitchen drawers and on the surfaces - luckily they have another kitchen you can use. Air con is $1 for 3 hours but we found the fan to be sufficient the majority of the time (we had a double room). Overall a nice, chilled out place with a fairly good location - Id stay again.

Cool hostel, comfy living area although not really big enough for size of hostel (you aren't allowed to eat on couches so the table is your only option). Kitchen is a bit dirty but that is down to guests, it is well equipped but very hot. Comfy beds, rooms quite spacious. Bathrooms need some TLC. Seems to be full of long term residents, we didn't mind as it was only one night. I'd stay here again.

Whitsunday On The Beach

Airlie Beach, Australia

I LOVED Whitsundays on the beach - the staff were so friendly and helpful, providing us with milk for tea/coffee on arrival and a map. The self contained apartment was spacious for the two of us, it had a hob, kettle, toaster, microwave etc, tea, coffee, a table

1770 Southern Cross Backpackers

Agnes Water - Town of 1770, Australia

Hostel is pretty and the shuttle bus is good, but my room didn't have a lock or any lockers for valuables, anyone couldn't walk in. I found it really noisy and my bed was really uncomfortable. Kitchen not very well equipped and full of flies (they do have fly screens on one door but then another open door and window into the kitchen so what's the point?) A staff member turned our dorm light on at 3.45am to show someone in instead of using a torch - not impressed.

Arts Factory Lodge

Byron Bay, Australia

Fairly cool set up, staff seemed a bit scatterbrained and incredulous when we wanted a usable locker in our room for our valuables - they told us they were actually getting rid of the lockers in the rooms but did compromise by giving us $3 for one of the outdoor security lockers to use. Bathrooms were ok although some maintenance needed on locks for doors. Shuttle bus is very handy. I'd probably stay again.

Hey Lauren, thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry our staff seemed "scatterbrained" we did have a lot of new staff training during your stay with us, however it seems they managed to resolve the situation successfully. I will pass on your comments regarding the bathroom doors and lockers to our maintenance department, once again thanks for your feedback it's very important to us, look forward to seeing you next time !

Plantation Backpackers

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I had to go and find a member of staff to check us in - he was outside smoking. The bed was fairly uncomfortable & the room was dirty - hairs and dust in the sink. The bathrooms were also filthy, tissue all over the floor, bins overflowing, here was a used tampon on top of the bins for a full day. My boyfriend saw a used condom under a bar of soap which was there for our entire stay. The kitchen was a mess but that was down to the guests, the management were addressing that with staff.

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

I found the staff inefficient and unfriendly, the hostel itself smelled like sweaty feet and my room was coated in dust - it was gross. Which is strange because there are threatening notices everywhere about helping to keep the hostel clean by moving your bags onto your bed in the daytime because "they would hate to hold your luggage hostage in the store room". The breakfast was poor, no milk but they do provide cereal...what's the point? I wouldn't stay here again.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Really cool hostel, comfy bed friendly staff nice bar and you can rent an iPad 40 bht per hour! I'd definitely stay again.

Good hostel, clean and the location is ok. The lockers aren't the most secure I would recommend using your own padlock at least. I'd stay here again.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel is really beautiful and in such a gorgeous setting. I found the staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately as a solo female on my first trip alone, I found the hostel was a bit too far out of the main area for my liking, it was also very quiet (I stayed mid november) and i struggled to meet people there. Also, the lockers are in the outdoors common area, which was a bit of a pain. Free tea, coffee and toast was nice.