Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 36

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

The place was nice, big common area with lots of space. Breakfast was decent. Parking, well, be prepared to pay 2-3 times your room rate to park. The nearest parking lot was 34 pounds/ day. There was one farther off in the opposite direction of the city center that might have been cheaper. staff was friendly enough and answered my questions

YHA Stratford upon Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon, England

little bit farther afield than I expected. You have to take a bus about 20min to Stratford, or drive yourself

Amsterdam Mr Beans Bed and Breakfast

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The best part about this place was location There were a lot of cons. This hostel is a narrow row house, meaning it has several stories that are very small and steep winding stairs. Climbing up them was like going up a ladder. With a suitcase. The room was very small. It would have been better as a two bedroom private rather than a four bedroom dorm. The bathroom didn't have a separate shower, just a faucet on the wall. Breakfast was bread and tea. And they ran out of bread. Started at 0900 als

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

Probably one of my favorite hostels. Right by the cathedral, cute building with great atmosphere in the old district Kitchen a little small. Common room could use better lighting. The veranda on the roof was awesome! Loved going up there.

Hostel HOMEr

Prague, Czech Republic

Location was really great- right by the old square with the astronomical clock.

Location is right by the stadium and Cardiff Castle, which was very nice. Parking is not terribly close- down the street IF they have a guest parking permit. Otherwise good luck finding a spot. The breakfast was fantastastic, one of the best I've had. The staff were very nice as well. Only thing I wish could've been better was the weather, but not their fault :)

Hathway House

Bristol, England

Located outside Bristol on the way to the airport. But if you want a nice clean room in a quiet location this is the place for you. The staff were very nice- I accidentally made the reservation for the day after my arrival- ooops. Luckily they were able to accomodate me anyway, even though they weren't expecting me the room was fanstastic.

Strand Continental

Best part is the location. The facilities are older and a bit rundown, Still it was clean, if spare. The breakfast was continental, and was nice.

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

Great location. Salzburg is not terribly large, and can easily be walked about. The Goldenes theater is a little out of the downtown area, but if you prefer a quieter location that is still convenient this is the place for you.

Great location next to Kings Cross station

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Located right by the Royal Mile. I stayed during the Fringe festival and the Tattoo. This was right by the Royal Mile, and therefore was easy access to all of those. I didn't spend much time inside the hotel itself, so sorry I can't comment too much on the atmosphere.

Andrews House Hotel

The location is a little out of the way for most of the downton parts of London. If you are skilled at navigating the subway system it wasn't too big a bother. The owners were very polite and helpful.

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Could not ask for a better location, especially since I walked everywhere. The facilities were clean. The dorm was okay, but the shower drained slowly and had a tendency to flood.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The door was not locked to the dorm room, and it was on a ground floor that every one had to pass to go to the kitchen or common room. I think it wouldn't have been as concerning if it hadn't been in the red light district.

YHA Whitby

Whitby, England

Loved this hotel. It is an old manor house located on a hill right next to the Abbey. I loved that they posted information about some of the people who used to work there. The only bad thing was I went in the middle of the winter. The dorm was an old servants quarters, and it was very cold and drafty, so I wish I had brought some extra clothes to keep warm.

Safestay York

York, England

YHA London St Pancras

Great location close to St Pancras International train station and Kings Cross- could travel all around London from there, easy to navigate. Also within walking distance of the British museum. A little longer to West End, but I made it easily on foot.

Kyoto Hana Hostel