Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 27

A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof

Karlsruhe, Germany

Got charged extra for bedding and using a credit card when I got there. Knowing this in advance would have been useful. The guy at the reception was really unfriendly. The room I was sent to had beds which hadn't been cleaned/changed. I went back downstairs and he begrudgingly changed my room to one which had an available and tidied bed. The shower was cold. Wouldn't stay again.

Nuova Locanda Belvedere

Venice, Italy

It is in a terrible location. Although the website said I could pay by visa, I had to pay by cash when I arrived. The place wasn't overly clean and the breakfast was terrible - the bread was stale. Wouldn't recommend it. I didn't find the staff overly helpful either so don't waste your time or money, stay in the centre.

Confidenti Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

No kitchen but the staff are fantastic! It was also nice and quiet. The place was clean but needed more than 2 toilets.

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. I waited a long time for someone to come to reception -their customer service isn't the fastest but overall I'd stay there again

Hostel Split Wine Garden

Split, Croatia

Lovely lady who runs it. But the place is scummy. Wouldn't stay again.

Madness Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

I didn't stay the night but the place is in a great spot! The staff are absolutely amazing, I ended up on a road trip with them and they go over and above expectations.

Hostal Era

Madrid, Spain

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

Excellent staff. Very welcoming place would definitely stay again.

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fantastic place and staff

Hyde Park Hostel

It was incredibly dirty. The toilet were a mess. My bed had not even been made - the last persons sheets were still on it. Don't stay here

Willy Wallace Hostel

Stirling, Scotland

Le Papillon

Torquay, England

YHA Penzance

Cornwall, England

Very loud at night. A lot of strange people here.

Happydays B&B

Rome Fiumicino, Italy

Nice big room. Dodgy area though.

Ulisse Deluxe

Sorrento, Italy

Mamì Camilla

Sorrento, Italy

B&T Rooms

Rome, Italy

The staff were rude. The place was like someone's apartment that they had rented out. The bathrooom was not that tidy. The place was left without a receptionist for long periods of time. The room was like an office with beds.

Clink261

Smart Hyde Park View

The lady on receiption took a phone call as she was serving me. I ended up waiting 15min while she talked on the phone. She did not even apologize. The bread for breakfast was stale. The bathroom was not overly clean and the atmosphere was poor. I would not stay there again.