Generator Hostel London, London, England
4th May 2014

This is my second stay at the Generator in 2 months. I can say it compare to the best of hotels easy. The only thing that concerns me is that there is a group of particular nationality that works there that are totally incompetent in customer service. It happened on both visits that I was totally ignored by those guys, who served people that queued up after me. Also due to their poor customer service skills, failed they failed to make me aware of breakfast tokens.

31st Mar 2014

That was not my first time to stay at Travel Joy. I stayed probably 4 or 5 times before. If anything, it has improved (reception is open longer, and breakfast is served in a more organised way). Staff have always been nice and helpful.

Thank you for your review! We are glad to read that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. See you soon!

25th Mar 2013

Friendly staff. brilliant location. atmosphere is great. the only downside to the hostel itself are the showers on the roof; not a good idea especially in freezing weather. also, one problem was one of the room mates had too much to drink, too much to smoke, and rotten socks. please people be considerate to others. St Christopher's please keep the good work!

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time from your travels to leave us some feedback. We love to hear that we are doing a good job. Room mates are always a gamble. Some good, some not so good. As travellers we know this all to well. The showers on the second floor can be a bit drafty, this is down to people leaving the door open to the roof top terrace. We have more showers located on the first floor if you find it a bit to cold in the main showers. Regardless of the showers we are glad you enjoyed your stay, come back and visit next time your in London! Happy travels! Cheers, The St Christopher's team

9th Jan 2013

Not much to say really. I've stayed here a few times before. Staff are friendly, and the hostel is better than ever in general. One thing though, please do not allow your dog to roam free in the lounge, as I personally do not appreciate dogs.

9th May 2012

one of the best hostels out there! what's missing are big secure lockers, and also electricity sockets in the rooms for each bed. also, ant-bacterial spray in the toilets would be nice.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
30th Apr 2012

No words but THANK YOU. truly a nice place, very friendly & helpful staff, and nice people.

No.8 Willesden Hostel London, London, England
4.9
12th Apr 2012

The photos on hostel world are misleading. you do not get a locker of of your own in your room (shown and told on No.8's profile) no 24hr access to the safe lockers available at reception or on the ground floor, making it impossible for those who want to leave before 8 and come back in the evening (reception closes between 00.00 and 08.00. No hot water on first floor, and was told ground floor has the best showers with hot water. I'd only give it credit for being unexpectedly clean.