The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

1small issue.The hostel claimed to have free parking. So I did not average that as an added cost in my budget.upon arrival there is a notice asking to "tip" the security guard R20. THATS totally fine! I 100% agree that the man keeps watch on our cars should be tipped. I planned on tipping him upon checkout the same way I tip the house keepers. However, he cornered me one night(scary)asking for his R20/day...PER DAY????????? so wrong! out of fear, I did, but this was sooo wrong!

Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We are sorry that you were scared into paying for the parking tip. It is meant to be an optional R20 daily or for the entire stay and to be placed in the tip box so that it is evenly shared out as suggested by Fairtrade standards. We hope that you enjoyed your overal stay with us and that you will visit us again in the near future. Kind Regards The Backpack Team

Le Jazz St. Denis

Montreal, Canada

#1 when we booked our trip for Le Jazz, upon arrival they told me they had over booked & had NO ROOM FOR ME! then they moved me to this crapy motel on ST Dennis thay was right next to the Goth Club. A SCARY SCENE TO WALK PAST AT NIGHT. #2 they said for us to come for the free breakfast in the morning. The Breakfast was TERRIBLE! VERY DIRTY KITCHEN that smelled like rotten food. Thanks, but NO THANKS! I was upset about the whole siuation. #3 Dirty Blankets & NO AC. they advertise ac, no AC!!!!!