Location: Australia, Age: 27

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were SO lovely and fun. They all partied with us on the rooftop and took us out to a local salsa club, which was 100 times better than any of the tourist joints. Staff are helpful and very welcoming. Felt like a family! The rooftop bar/jacuzzi area is seriously incredible. It is perfect to meet other people. I stayed there for 3 nights by myself and made an excellent group of friends, just by hanging out having a beer on the rooftop.

• 17th Dec 2013

MoonPad LA Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Friendly staff, comfy beds, beautiful airy building, super chill, convenient location right near the metro.

• 19th Jul 2013

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I arrived by myself late at night and totally stressed out after having my wallet stolen. The staff were amazing and made sure I was comfortable and not stressed for my first night in Istanbul. The staff really get to know everyone by name and make everybody feel super welcome. The vibe is great, the rooms are clean and simple yet homely and comfortable, with plenty of space. The rooftop bar over looks the Aya Sofia and is excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Feb 2013